Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Lite-On LTR-52246S secure settings (Read 9299 times) previous topic - next topic

Lite-On LTR-52246S secure settings

Does anybody know if LITE-ON LTR-52246S caches audio data and if it returns C2 errors accurately? I have seen some tests here in Germany made by some computer magazines (C'T, PC Welt, CHIP...) and some of them claim that the drive returns C2 errors accurately, some say that it doesn't, others say that the CD writer caches audio data, some say it doesn't. 

Anyway, the first time I run the EAC test, EAC tells me that the drive caches audio data. Then it ticks the checkbox "Drive caches audio data". When I run the test again, with another CD, EAC says that it doesn't cache audio data.

What should I belive now?

Reply #1
I have very similar problems with my new Lite-On LTR 48246K, but the copies I made so far were OK... but I don't feel extra comfortable with something like this.

Reply #2
I have a LTR-48246S, which is in hardware identical to the LTR-52246S, and I am sure these are properly working drive settings:

Drive caches audio data: Yes
Drive is capable of retrieving C2 error info: Yes
Read command MMC1
Read samples offset: +6
Overread into lead-in and lead-out: No
Gap-detection method A, secure
Write samples offset: -6

Reply #3
I have LTR-48246S, and the settings Patsoe gave are the ones I use. But C2 is unchecked. I did a rerip of some of my music and had CRC mismatches with the rips C2 set, although very rare.
The object of mankind lies in its highest individuals.
One must have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.

Reply #4
On LTR 48246K with C2 checked I made Test&Copy and the results were okay...

Reply #5
i have this drive as well as a liteon 16x dvdrom. i ripped a disc with scratches on both drives using C2, and (with the corrected offsets) the waves were bit-identical.

Reply #6
The settings above are OK as far as I am concerned ... I use the newest Firmware 6S0F and use C2 ... but I Test & Copy in secure mode just to be sure ...
The name was Plex The Ripper, not Jack The Ripper

Reply #7
I've done serveral tests with my Lite-On LTR48246S and it always returns the same CRC:s no matter if I use C2 or not. So I've made the decision to always use C2 on my drive as it speeds up the whole ripping process without sacrificing "quality"...

Although my drive always returns "drive caches audio data" no matter what CD I've tried. So I'll stick with using it...

Reply #8
Sebastian,

I has very good C2 results on this drive so far, but be careful about caching. It depends on the firmware version (they added audio caching after a certain revision).

Cheers

Reply #9
OK guys, thanks for the info.

I have also tested the device with Nero CDSpeed and a TDK test CD from a friend and the C2 error reporting quality is 100%. Errors missed: 0.
Also, the drive is capabile of reading Lead-In and a part of the Lead-Out.

Reply #10
I have a LTR-48246S, which is in hardware identical to the LTR-52246S

Can i flash 48 to 52?