Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI - Sorting "Various Artists" (Read 2714 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI - Sorting "Various Artists"

Hello there, I'm using Columns UI with the NG Playlist panel.

One of the problems I'm having is with how Various Artists are sorted in the playlist.

My general sorting string looks like this:

Code: [Select]
$swapprefix(%ALBUM ARTIST%,The) - %DATE% - %ALBUM% - %DISCNUMBER% - %TRACKNUMBER% - %TITLE%

This puts everything in the right order and nicely ensure that anything with 'The' at the beginning appears in the right place in the playlist rather than in a giant 'The' section in amongst the Ts. The only problem is with the albums I have listed as being 'Various Artists' in the %album artist% field. I don't want these albums sorted according to date (the next sort item after album artist) as this is less useful to me than having them sorted according to their title.

How do I go about ensuring albums that are listed as being %album artist% 'Various Artists' are independently sorted according to title?

Many thanks in advance of your help!

Columns UI - Sorting "Various Artists"

Reply #1
Hmm ... think I might have it.

Is there a more subtle way of expressing:

Code: [Select]
$if($strcmp(%album artist%,Various Artists), %album artist% - %album% - %date% - %discnumber% - %tracknumber% - %title%, $replace(%album artist%,'The ',) %album artist% - %date% - %album% - %discnumber% - %tracknumber% - %title%)