Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Panels UI/Columns UI, newb question
cyarron
post Apr 21 2007, 00:21
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 41493

I have seen what panels ui can do in the various config threads and I am very impressed. I have tried to switch to foobar several times and have gained minimal knowledge of columns ui. I really like the interface of columns ui and have grown comfortable with it (first with iTunes then Foobar). However, I also want to have more options with customizability and because of this I am wanting to try panels ui. I have not seen any examples of panels ui with a columns ui playlist interface but I have heard it is possible. What I want to know is if it is possible, how can it be done? Any help would be great (a link to a post, wiki article, etc).

Thanks
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
shakey_snake
post Apr 21 2007, 00:31
Post #2

Group: FB2K Moderator
Member No.: 37036

Just to use a little more clear terminology: you are wanting to use PanelsUI (user interface) with the Columns' Playlist View.

It is certainly do-able.
To do so, you select PanelsUI as the interface, and use a $panel() command to generate the Columns Playlist view, as you would with any panel.

I will warn you that because PanelsUI is entirely code based it take much more work to generate a layout.
If you're ready to take the dive, you can start by reading the PanelsUI wiki article, and you might want to start by modding the simple, default.pui that Terrestrial created.
I would advise against trying to use someone else' .pui to learn from.

This post has been edited by shakey_snake: Apr 21 2007, 00:33

--------------------
elevatorladylevitateme
+Quote Post
Spirit_of_the_oc...
post Apr 21 2007, 13:20
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 35092

I myself have the columns playlist in Panel ui.
shakey_snake is right.I think you should first understand how to use the trackinfo_mod. At least for me it was much easier to understand panel ui by have good knowledge of trackinfo_mod.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 05:07