Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Help me configure rockbox for best sound quality (Read 4330 times) previous topic - next topic

Help me configure rockbox for best sound quality

I recently purchased an iriver iHP-120, and just got rockbox running on it with no problems, but I'm overwhelmed by the vast number of sound options. Dithering, Crossfeed, stereo width, high frequency cutoff, high frequency attenuation, 5 band parametric equalizer, etc, etc.

I know there's no "perfect setup" for all kinds of music/all listeners, and ideally I'd test all these options to see how they change the sound, but with this many options, each with dozens of levels to set them at, there's probably millions of combinations, and I'm at a total loss as to where to begin.

Any suggestions?
There never need be longing in your eyes

Reply #1
just leave everything to defaults (as far as sound quality).

do enable settings like replaygain (track), etc.

later

Reply #2
I just have replaygain enabled....everything else is left as is.