Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Smearing excitation patterns (Read 4194 times) previous topic - next topic

Smearing excitation patterns

Is it normal that, in PEAQ FFT model, energy in the loudest critical band goes from 93 to 85 dB after applying smearing over frequencies?

Reply #1
After some time I realised that I was not familiar enough with all that is calculated in PEAQ (not yet)
Excitation patterns actualy represent level below which sounds are imperceptible. And Pitch patterns represent total loudness of all sounds present in a critical band.
At least I think that it is like that.

Reply #2
Well, the cochlea doesn't add a lot, if any, energy to a signal. Therefore, if a filter spreads energy over more than one ERB, the energy in the central ERB had better go down some, shouldn't it?
-----
J. D. (jj) Johnston

Reply #3
Therefore, if a filter spreads energy over more than one ERB, the energy in the central ERB had better go down some, shouldn't it?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=317276"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think you are right.
But the main point is what do "exictation patterns" in PEAQ represent and that can be concluded from the place where they are are used for calculations. I am still working on that and when I learn more I will try to explain it more here.

Reply #4
Hi..

I have just started work on the advanced PEAQ. I have been reading most of the related discussions and messages posted on HA from quite some time. I would like to know of your progress with adv-PEAQ and if you have found any documentation about implementation of EAQUAL..and how to proceed further..building on the same model.

Regards,
Mahalakshmi