Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Track filter by timerange (Read 4341 times) previous topic - next topic

Track filter by timerange

We already have plenty of solutions to skip tracks based on tags.

While I mostly listen to my entire collection in random order, I often find tracks that may be more suited for some special occation. F.ex. songs about weekends (should be played in the weekend), songs about work (should be played at work days), christmas songs (played from december 1-25), songs that are most appropiate in the morning etc.

I've thought of a "timerange"-tag for some time that supports wildcards. Formatting could be like: mmddyyyyhhmm-mmddyyyyhhmm

With a function that validates with timeformat you could create playlists that enforces these tags.

Thoughts?
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

Reply #1
I'd use 2 tags, and I'd probably use ISO 8601
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #2
I'd use 2 tags, and I'd probably use ISO 8601

The way it's implemented doesn't matter, if you just like the idea

Still it would be nice if foobar2000 SDK allowed this kind of filter on-the-fly (instead of skipping like foo_skip).
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P