IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 Development Forum Rules

This forum is for developer discussions only. If you have a problem / bug report / idea / feature request that isn't related to foobar2000 SDK, post it in an appropiate forum instead - tech support questions go to support forum, everything else goes to general forum.
All non-developer posts on this forum will be removed. Continued abuse of this forum will result in admin actions (warnings, account suspension).

Reply to this topicStart new topic
library manager without database.dat
mszczep
post Feb 9 2013, 00:09
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 106512

Hello all develepers,

I'm new to this forum, so please forgive me potentially stupid question..

I'm trying to prepare plugin that will read library data from file other than database.dat.

The goal is to keep songs information encrypted.

Please suggest me a direction I should follow. I spent few hours analyzing code (library_manager, library_callback, file_info and other classes) but still don't have the solution.

I think it could be something like this:

pfc::list_t<metadb_handle_ptr> library;
static_api_ptr_t<library_manager>()->get_all_items(library);
library.remove_all();

FILE OPEN

library.add_item(file_item1);
library.add_item(file_item2);

but library is a copy and it will not remove items from original library list.

/////// alternative solution ????

my first try with this was to catch all file input/output operations to make this on filesystem layer and encrypt/decrypt data on the fly. But I hadn't seen file operation callbacks (/service pointers) that concern database.dat.
Is this possible? If yes it would be the best solution...

Thank you in advance!

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
foosion
post Feb 16 2013, 12:49
Post #2

Group: FB2K Moderator (Donating)
Member No.: 5153

Have you tried to use NTFS encryption with database.dat? The SDK does not provide hooks to intercept or redirect access to database.dat.

--------------------
http://foosion.foobar2000.org/ - my components for foobar2000
+Quote Post
EpicForever
post Feb 16 2013, 16:18
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 93712

As far as I remember whole "foobar2000" directory (the one with settings) needs to be encrypted with built-in NTFS encryption. If only file is encrypted it may become unencrypted after editing (like updating database.dat file due to library contents change. If you try to encrypt single file you get such warning, and yes, in case of Word and Notepad files it is true - after editing them they become unencrypted. So it's bit problematic - I don't know how encryption of whole settings directory may interfere with overall functionality of foobar...
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 12:32