Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: req: new playback orders + update to foo_pl_hopper (Read 8254 times) previous topic - next topic

req: new playback orders + update to foo_pl_hopper

could anyone (other than me - for ssamadhi97 ) implement these new playback orders?

- repeat album - next track is the following track in playlist if and only if %album% doesn't change. otherwise it's the track above the playing one which follows a track with different %album% tag (first such a track going from the playing one up to the first one). of course you have to handle cases when there's no such a track (only one album in playlist, album at the start / end of playlist etc.)

- repeat directory - same as previous, using path instead. useful for multiple-cds-release-in-a-dir, for files with incorrect tags etc.

- repeat selection - that one would go over selected tracks. contrary to the previous two, tracks doesn't have to follow each other. [span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']i have script that can expand selection to whole albums, so i can basically select track from album a, track from album b, hit shift+a to select all tracks from albums a and b and then use 'repeat selection' on them.[/span]

and i have even request for new version of good old foo_pl_hopper.dll plugin:

- make it work without 'follow cursor' and over playing playlist, not the visible / active one

Reply #2
i have even request for new version of good old foo_pl_hopper.dll plugin:

- make it work without 'follow cursor' and over playing playlist, not the visible / active one
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=216512"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I'm working on a plugin that is ment to be a general purpose "jump to" plugin. It's called foo_navigator, but it's currently at the prealpha stage.

Current status:
-You can define your own formatting to be used when jumping.
-Active formatting is selected in a drop down list.
-Does not depend on "follow cursor".
-Can be used either as a panel or as a window.
-You can either do a "play jump" or a "focus jump".
-Most importantly, it doesn't really work the way it should.

Planned:
-Add context menu commands that can be bound to shortcut keys.
-Support for jumping in playing playlist, not only the visible one.
-Some other stuff...

At the moment is looks like this:

If you want anything soon, it might be better to ask paulski if he can update foo_pl_hopper, or release the source (if he hasn't done that already).

Edit: Spelling/adding missing character

Reply #3
could anyone implement these new playback orders?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=216512"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm sure that someone could do that. How about you for example?
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.

Reply #4
I'm sure that someone could do that. How about you for example?
ah, i would have not asked in that case . i haven't been programming in c++ in ages, plus i'm not really familiar with win32 / foobar sdks. for 'regular' plugin developer, this could be a breeze though ...

upNorth: that's great, i'm *shocked* in a good way to learn that you're coding your own plugin, thumbs up! maybe i should follow your example . anyway, it seems like it could do what i wanted. please keep me (us) updated ...

Reply #5
Sounds like a good idea

Reply #6
upNorth, any news on your plugin? as i'm slowly trying 0.9, i really miss playlist hopper plugin ... and i guess your plugin would be better replacement.

Reply #7
I would also like Shuffle (inside an album) mode.