Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: the (Read 2277 times) previous topic - next topic

the

Being a newbie and English is also my nonative language ,so ,despite I want to describe  my problem in detail, but my presentation is bad. 

my question is :
what's the least size of memory do you think in the Huffman decoding and Requantization of MP3 decoder?

In the Huffman decoding,the Layer3 decoder allocates about 2K~3K memory to save the Huffman tables, if each number in the table is expressed by "unsigned short" , and the another decoder,MAD,uses about 4k memory.the MAD can decode up to 4 bit once per time and Layer3 can only decode 1 bit once per time.

In the Requantization, [1]present a novel method to calucate the X^4/3 with only 256~512 bytes,and the MAD uses 8207*2 bytes .However, I can not realize enough precision if I adopt the method of [1],and I don't know the whys. 

can you tell me the involved details if you are interested in it.

Thank you very much!
COLOR=gray]Being English is my nonative language ,so ,despite I want to describe my problem in detail, but my presentation is bad.[/COLOR]

the

Reply #1
[1] A High Quality Re-quantization/Quantization Method for MP3 and MPEG-4 AAC Audio coding,IEEE,2002
COLOR=gray]Being English is my nonative language ,so ,despite I want to describe my problem in detail, but my presentation is bad.[/COLOR]