Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_softplaylists (Read 248631 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_softplaylists

Reply #125
Sorry for off top. Is there software to generate XSPF playlists from Last.fm?
http://www.playgrub.com/

i already talked about this in a few posts before, it's a bookmarklet that can create XSPF playlists from websites, it works with last.fm and some other sites:
Apple.com iTunes Charts
Musicbraniz Releases
BBC Radio Programmes
Songkick Setlists
The Y! Radish
FIQL Playlists
Grooveshark Playlist Export

foo_softplaylists

Reply #126
would it be possible of adding the "love track" context menu for the selected elements on the playlist? that way I can love all the tracks that I have with 5 stars on my library, not doing that 1 by 1

foo_softplaylists

Reply #128
if you use columns UI/or DUI with dockable panels, you could use WSH panel mod to automatically trigger this component to automatically love 5 star rated tracks when playback begins. if you want help with this, give me a shout.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #129
a problem to report. if there is no network connection, attempting to love a track causes foobar to crash. using the other options does nothing but create an empty playlist so no problems there. see if you can re-produce by temporarily disabling your network adapter.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #130
Wow what a great add-on !!
The Love features means i can finally get rid of the LastFM client

But its a real pity i cant use the Love-feature with my remote, although WinLIRC is capable of using some elements of your component, such as 'Load XSPF Playlist' and 'Friends'... they show up in the list of WinLIRC, but other like 'Love Track' don't .. how come?

foo_softplaylists

Reply #131
Wow what a great add-on !!
The Love features means i can finally get rid of the LastFM client

But its a real pity i cant use the Love-feature with my remote, although WinLIRC is capable of using some elements of your component, such as 'Load XSPF Playlist' and 'Friends'... they show up in the list of WinLIRC, but other like 'Love Track' don't .. how come?

you can! Just add a global shortcut for love track and associate that keyboard shortcut with a button of your remote.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #132
Thanks but, which add-on will let me associate a keyboard shortcut? Afaik, Foo_Lirc can only be associated with Foobars' standard menu commands

foo_softplaylists

Reply #133
Thanks but, which add-on will let me associate a keyboard shortcut? Afaik, Foo_Lirc can only be associated with Foobars' standard menu commands

You dont need an addon for that. just go into the preferences->keyboard shortcuts.
Then just trigger that keyboard shortcut from winlirc, or as i do eventghost

foo_softplaylists

Reply #134
Then just trigger that keyboard shortcut from winlirc
Eh, how do i do that? Its only possible to execute menu-commands from within Foo_LIRC
Appreciate the help though

foo_softplaylists

Reply #135
Awesome plug! Thank you so very much!

foo_softplaylists

Reply #136
Then just trigger that keyboard shortcut from winlirc
Eh, how do i do that? Its only possible to execute menu-commands from within Foo_LIRC
Appreciate the help though

Now you dont get it. From foobar just associate the keyboard shortcut to loving the current playing track. There is no lirc in that.
Then associate that keyboard shortcut from within winlirc. I dont see the need of foo_LIRC there.
From what i have seen on the net you can associate a button with a keyboard shortcut from within your winlirc config.

Have you ever take a look at eventghost? It s pretty amazing!

foo_softplaylists

Reply #137
I can't "love" tracks in RTL characters ( eg. Hebrew )

foo_softplaylists

Reply #138
a problem to report. if there is no network connection, attempting to love a track causes foobar to crash. using the other options does nothing but create an empty playlist so no problems there. see if you can re-produce by temporarily disabling your network adapter.

I will add some extra error checking to prevent this.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #139
Johan, I see there is space in preferences for some XSPF settings: for example enable/disable writing of:
  - album
  - tracknumber
  - length
when creating playlist

Maybe even option for creating playlist from context menu (on selected tracks)?

foo_softplaylists

Reply #140
I have been looking for a component with type of functionlity for a while now - thanks.

The last piece of functionality I am looking for is for it to be able to continually add music to an existing playlist, instead of it generating a once-off new playlist.

Ie, after a song has finished playing, lookup a further set of matching tracks and add them to the end of the current playlist (keeping track of duplicates so songs don't start repeating). 

Does this make sense?

It is a feature I use all the time in Linux music players (Exaile/Listen)

foo_softplaylists

Reply #141
Johan, I see there is space in preferences for some XSPF settings: for example enable/disable writing of:
  - album
  - tracknumber
  - length
when creating playlist

These are only written when they exist.
Only when a perfect match can be found, they are actually used when loading a playlist.
So is it still useful to have that option?

Maybe even option for creating playlist from context menu (on selected tracks)?

Can indeed also be handy.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #142
OK, it was example with i.e. FLAC playlist and other OGG playlist (converted from FLACs) and problem of finding which FLACs weren't converted. So saving OGG XSPF and loading should match FLACs (as your matching code matches alphabetically) and then with the help of foo_utils unconverted FLACs should emerged.
It was example at the time and I wrote that, but it's not big deal manually deleting lines in such cases, or removing OGGs from library and then finding the matches as in example

While thinking of another examples it occurred to me if it would be possible an option for returning more then one results: i.e. artist / track match in FLAC format than in OGG format if it exist or from the original release and if found in some compilation etc?

foo_softplaylists

Reply #143
New version:
Soft Playlists 2009-12-30
-Added: Last.fm Top Tags Top Tracks
-Added: Last.fm Custom Tags Top Tracks
-Added: ability to prefix generated Last.fm playlists
-Fixed: crash when loving a track without an internet connection

foo_softplaylists

Reply #144
Thanks for the new version. Loving tracks with RTL characters works now.
Also I love new top tags / custom tags feature!

foo_softplaylists

Reply #145
New version:
Soft Playlists 2009-12-30.2
-Added: Last.fm User, Friends and Neighbours Recent Tracks
-Added: Last.fm Top Tracks, Loved Tracks and Recent Tracks of a custom Last.fm user list

foo_softplaylists

Reply #146
Thanks for new version!

About the top tags.. Would it be possible to fetch ie. all Rock artists, albums and songs with rock tag instead of just "top tracks"?
Disregard the constabulary.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #148
As far a I know, in a way that is not too taxing for the Last.fm servers, sadly no.

That's pity..i was just wondering..probably it would took hours to generate playlists with the large music library :/
Disregard the constabulary.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #149
An option could be to do a full library check with a certain amount of requests per second and write the last.fm tags to the music files.

Or do a full library check write all the information to an XSPF playlist and reuse that playlist to tag files.

Personally I would like to use an custom database plugin to save these tags. Is there still a stable plugin to do this?