Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_covers - locates your images on disk (Read 116554 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_covers - locates your images on disk

Reply #50
@JackieKu: thanks.  this seems to have fixed the lastfm problem.

@acedriver: you'd enter this in Preferences > Covers > Front

E:\Covers\%artist% - %album%.*
E:\Covers\%artist% - %title%.*

then in elplaylist, you can show it with

$imageabs(x,y,w,h,%el_group_first_path%,artreader,,,)

using the latest elplaylist.  You'll have to figure out x,y,w,h for your particular config.

@JackieKu: does your foo_covers automatically strip illegal characters or should I do it manually?  i.e., is it necessary to say

$replace(%album artist%-%album%,",,?,,*,.,/,)

Reply #51
@JackieKu: thanks - the foo_lastfm_radio problem appears to be fixed for me as well.

Reply #53
@JackieKu: does your foo_covers automatically strip illegal characters or should I do it manually?  i.e., is it necessary to say

$replace(%album artist%-%album%,",,?,,*,.,/,)

It doesn't handle this special case, using $replace() is necessary in current version.

Reply #54
Hi

I am a complete moron when it comes to this, and I am unsure which direction I need to go to get this working.

Currently I use foo_upnp to stream my library from home to work. It can embed the cover art into the stream so the standard album art viewers pick it up.

I think it creates a variable called %UPNPALBUMARTURL% which translates into http://server:port/albumart/"random number1"/"random number 2".jpg
Everything stays the same in that url, except the the two different numbers which changes when the song changes.

the skin I want to use uses WSH, i think? anyway, when i replace %path% in PSS with %UPNPALBUMARTURL% I get this

$replace(%UPNPALBUMARTURL%,,).jpg)

this generates the cover.path link as the appropriate http://server:port/albumart/"random number1"/"random number 2".jpg which should work... right? but it doesnt with the skin's art viewer.

The developer told me below:

@kelkor

You will have to install foo_covers. Set %path% as the cover path in PSS. Then search PSS for the $drawimage() lines, that include $get_ps_global(cover.path), replace

nokeepaspect
with
artreader_front nokeepaspect

I have tried every variation of the above I can think of... but i cannot seem to make it work. How can Foo_Covers help me? i am confused. Thats greatly.

Reply #55
Hello, I'm a foobar newbie (or actually I've been using it for years, however I've never been toying around with it) and just now installed this plug-in. However I have absolutely no idea what variables to wright in order for it to be able to find the pictures. Is there an explanation of the different variables and symbols somewhere?

Reply #56
@Krelkor

I think foo_covers can't help you, if your images need http access. foo_covers can't download the images via http (if foobar2000 SDK's IO API doesn't handle it), on the other hand, it seems foobar2000 never asks foo_covers for images when the path is http://.

Hello, I'm a foobar newbie (or actually I've been using it for years, however I've never been toying around with it) and just now installed this plug-in. However I have absolutely no idea what variables to wright in order for it to be able to find the pictures. Is there an explanation of the different variables and symbols somewhere?

http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...ormat_Reference

Reply #57
Hey! I really like this component, it's a great addition for using only 1 band picture and not replicating it on each album.

However, I found a strange bug, that (so far) happens only in 1 folder.

All my band pictures are stored this way:

..\Genre\Band\band.jpg
and the albums are located in:
..\Genre\Band\Albums\

so for the artist pictures I used this:
band.*
..\band.*

It works perfectly for all the bands, like this example:
I:\Music\Groove Metal\Fear Factory\band.jpg

But, the problem ocurs here:
I:\Music\Groove Metal\5FDP\band.jpg
It doesn't display the picture. It display's "no cover found".
So I guessed there must be something wrong with the picture format, maybe it was a bmp renamed jpg or something that might trick the image display component. So I copied a picture that worked, the fear factory's band picture, and pasted it in the problematic folder. It didn't work. It still doesn't display any image. That's when I thought that the problem wasn't with the image display component.

I can't think of a solution. It's too strange. I'm just reporting this issue, but it's nothing serious anyway.

Thx again!

Reply #58
This is not this plugin intent to do. It should be support by other components which extract the data from the ZIP archive.

I see. Btw I just realize that if there is a file named "cover.jpg" or "folder jpg" on the archive, Album Art Viewer will displaying it....

Reply #59
JackieKu,

You did a fantastic job! Thank you very much!

There's one thing I haven't figured out: how to specify that the cover may be in the parent folder (e.g. in the case of a bonus disc).

Anyway, what matters is that my foobar is again showing covers, after almost 2 years, haha

Reply #60
There's one thing I haven't figured out: how to specify that the cover may be in the parent folder (e.g. in the case of a bonus disc).

if the cover is named "folder.jpg" or something,
you should have
folder.*
..\folder.*

Reply #61
I have a "humble" feature request
There is a foo_uie_albumart version, written by david_dl, which uses OpenGL output and an impressive 3D look, really very impressive. There are sources in that post as well.
If only you could use such OpenGL feature in your plugin...
I'd continue using david_dl's version, but it refuses to show me any picture in Wine. Maybe, that's because the plugin is relatively old and built in old fb2k SDK.

Reply #62
foo_covers doesn't show anything. It just tells location of images to other plugins.

Reply #63
2lvqcl:
Oh, thanks. Then nevermind my question.

Reply #64
Great plugin. But the various limitations (like embedded images unsupported, and other minor things) let me to not use it.
However, I have some questions. Which effect the square brackets have in the option string? I see them in the screenshot.
Than can you explain me if there is an official page for this plugin? For examples, where to find FAQ or eventual new versions eventually not promptly reported by the author of first post of this topic?

Reply #65
Hi,

is there any way to get this work together with foo_cronflow?

-Chris

Reply #66
How can I cycle images by foo_covers (Ex: 10s for each image) is I have more than one image?
Thanks.

Reply #67
However, I have some questions. Which effect the square brackets have in the option string? I see them in the screenshot.

The syntax is known as title formatting, which is widely used in foobar2000.
is there any way to get this work together with foo_cronflow?

Contact the developer of cronflow to support the API in the official SDK.
How can I cycle images by foo_covers (Ex: 10s for each image) is I have more than one image?

In general, it is not supported, but it can be achieved by modifying the components that shows the images. foo_covers returns different images for each album_art_extractor_instance::query() calls. Without this way, it's almost impossible to do so since there is no way to know whether the two function calls are from the same place (component) or not.

Reply #68
Question/(Request) : It would be great if this component generate a global variable for each path declarerd in foo_covers like : %foo_covers_front%% , %foo_covers_artist% ... and so on

so we could easily used this wonderfull way to get path in WSH panel or Graphical Browser panel, Chronflow ... every panel that use title format in fact

@JackieKu: is it possible technically ? if yes, what about this idea ? please tell us more about that, thanx in advance.

Regards,

Reply #69
"Bug" report: you seem not to have changed the version string for 0.04. It still shows as 0.03 in components section (and is thus mentioned by the online troubleshooter as problematic/outdated):

Code: [Select]
foo_covers.dll (2009-05-28 16:54:29)
    Locate Covers 0.03

Reply #70
"Bug" report: you seem not to have changed the version string for 0.04. It still shows as 0.03 in components section (and is thus mentioned by the online troubleshooter as problematic/outdated):

OMG! Please download it again to fix that. 

Reply #71
OMG! Please download it again to fix that. 

Ah, much better:
Quote from: http://help.foobar2000.org/troubleshooter/ link=msg=0 date=
No known problematic components found.

Footnote: I had to clean my browser's cache to be able to retrieve the "updated" 0.04 version.

Reply #72
In the hope that this plugin is still being developped, I have a couple feature suggestions if possible!

- Automatic cropping of the picture
- When using multiple Album viewer windows, it would be awesome if you could somehow prevent the various windows from displaying duplicate images

Thanks in advance!

Reply #73
Question/(Request) : It would be great if this component generate a global variable for each path declarerd in foo_covers like : %foo_covers_front%% , %foo_covers_artist% ... and so on

Sorry, I overlooked this. It is technically possible. I'll consider to implement it.

@Benji99
1. It should be implemented in the viewers IMHO.
2. There is no clean way to do this. However, you could insert a '|' character to the beginning of source path, the returned images will be randomized.

BTW,
I noticed this topic has been marked as [crashware], but nobody told me this component cause his/her foobar2000 crashes. Any idea?

Reply #74
I noticed this topic has been marked as [crashware], but nobody told me this component cause his/her foobar2000 crashes. Any idea?

Users may not be aware of which component is the cause of a crash in the typical clusterhug of components that is the average CUI components dir. Other users might just accept crashing as a way of life and just restart and pray when it happens.
Stay sane, exile.