Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Is there any way to write a .net gui component for foobar2000? (Read 3958 times) previous topic - next topic

Is there any way to write a .net gui component for foobar2000?

Well the title more or less says it all im wondering if there is any way to write a gui component/plugin in .net for foobar2000? i have more or less no knowledge in c or c++.

what im after is making a GUI for foobar2000 in wpf as wpf makes it so easy to create cool and good looking gui......

Reply #1
No there isn't, thanks god

Closest would be perhaps use of (problematic?) COM automation server component, thou not much offerings there

Reply #2
Ok,    thanks for the fast response

Reply #3
I managed to compile fb2k's SDK in C++/CLI once. And AFAIR the resulting component did execute some managed code but there was something wrong on the app's quit ­- it always crashed. So you can try to investigate it further. But I'm not sure it'll be a good decision.

Reply #4
It could be technically possible, but it would require a fair bit of C++ and CLR competence from you to wrap things enough to be usable. There might be some additional niggles for UI components in particular, as they're instantiated rather early.

foo_title has a shallow managed wrapper for parts of the API, which has worked in the past, but I'm unsure whether it's still feasible. I've never managed to implement it properly.
Stay sane, exile.