Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: No info after Nero burn (Read 3615 times) previous topic - next topic

No info after Nero burn

I am using Nero 5.5 to make audio CDs from mp3 files.  The files add to the Nero compilation ok...and the burn is trouble free.  When I play the CD in Winamp it does not report any track info..just 'unknown artist'/'unknown album'....not sure why.
The mp3 files all had valid ID3 tags. What am I doing wrong???

K

No info after Nero burn

Reply #1
CD-Audio doesn't have ID3 tags.... You may write the CD with CD text, but i don't know whether winamp will recognize titles/tracks either (mine doesn't).

No info after Nero burn

Reply #2
I THINK winamp does have CD-text support, but your drive has to support it too, and I don't think many do. Also, you have to make sure cd text writing is enabled in Nero - I dont think it is by default

No info after Nero burn

Reply #3
Originally posted by Randum
I THINK winamp does have CD-text support, but your drive has to support it too, and I don't think many do. 

It doesn't.

No info after Nero burn

Reply #4
You could use CDReader plugin for Winamp, it can read track information from cdplayer.ini that is used by Windows.

No info after Nero burn

Reply #5
There are some really small freeware CD-players (SW) supporting CD-Text.

edit: just remembered one of them, it's called HACP