Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WASAPI—if next song has different bit-depth, fails to play (till seek) (Read 2820 times) previous topic - next topic

WASAPI—if next song has different bit-depth, fails to play (till seek)

I recently updated from 1.1.10 to the current version.

I have a large folder of assorted tracks that I load into Foobar and play on shuffle. There are 16 and 24 bit tracks mixed together in the directory. They have always played flawlessly. Last night I noticed that when Foobar switches from one bit depth to the other the song fails to play. I do not get an error message, and nudging the progress bar a hair gets the track going. This happens when switching from 16 to 24 or the reverse. It only occurs when the two tracks are of different bit depths.

No changes to hardware were made recently. Any thoughts why this might be happening? This was not happening prior to the update.

I switched to v1.1.11 and the same thing occurs. Going back one more version to 1.1.10 solves the problem.

Win 7 64
Foobar 1.1.12a / foo_out_wasapi v2.1
Realtek HD Audio Optical out
Benchmark DAC-1HDR

ETA: WASAPI plug in version.

Reply #1
Update: I tried the beta WASAPI plug ins for foobar and they seemed to solve the problem specifically with Foobar v1.1.12a.

However, other audio problems have simultaneously cropped up which may or may not be related. So I've rolled back to v1.1.10 and WASAPI 2.1 until I can sort out what happened.

Reply #2
Do those problems occur only in foo_out_wasapi v3.0 beta 1 and/or 2? If so, please report them to the thread from which you downloaded the plugin(s).

Reply #3
Do those problems occur only in foo_out_wasapi v3.0 beta 1 and/or 2? If so, please report them to the thread from which you downloaded the plugin(s).

No.

Problems occur using v1.1.12a and foo_out_wasapi v2.1.

Betas solve the issue for the current Foobar release, but other audio problems that may not be related suddenly cropped up, so for my system testing purposes I reverted to v1.1.10 w/foo_out_wasapi v2.1 because I know it is stable for me.

I'm going to track that issue down and see if running current Foobar w/foo_out_wasapi v3.0 beta 1 and/or 2 is part of the problem or not. If I can determine it is, I'll report it in the wasapi plug in thread.

Reply #4
Betas solve the issue for the current Foobar release, but other audio problems that may not be related suddenly cropped up, so for my system testing purposes I reverted to v1.1.10 w/foo_out_wasapi v2.1 because I know it is stable for me.
Yes, that’s what I was referring to by “those other problems”: not the topic’s main (i.e. non-other) problem but rather your mentioned new “other audio problems that may not be related”.

I'm going to track that issue down and see if running current Foobar w/foo_out_wasapi v3.0 beta 1 and/or 2 is part of the problem or not. If I can determine it is, I'll report it in the wasapi plug in thread.
Thanks. That’s what I meant.