Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: apologies for the newb questions but.. (Read 2203 times) previous topic - next topic

apologies for the newb questions but..

I did as much searching as I could on this forum and was not able to find what I was looking for.

I have the Lite-On DVDRW SOHW-1633S drive which EAC tells me is "Adapter: 1 ID: 2"

chris myden's site (and others) only lists the following adapters config files:

[Adapter1 - ID0].cfg
and
[Adapter1 - ID1].cfg

logic would dictate I should use the [Adapter1 - ID2].cfg file should one exist but I haven't been able to find it.
if one doesn't exist, which file do you experts recommend I use?
if one does exist, where might a pathetic newbie find it? 

also, I have a second drive which is a Toshiba DVD-Rom SD-M1612
EAC tells me this one is the following: Adapter:1  ID: 3

I wasn't able to find a [Adapter1 - ID3].cfg file out there.  again, if one doesn't exist which file do you recommend I use?

and for the last question...

I'm using the EAC V0.95 beta 3 along with lame 3.97b.
my command line is as follows: -V 2 --vbr-new

EAC isn't having any problems ripping the track. the problem I'm having is that it's not encoding.  as soon as the rip is done lame will appear for about a tenth of a second and disappear.  all that I get is the .wav file rip in my directory.  yes, I *have* verified EAC knows the location of the lame.exe file.

if it makes any difference here's the log file information:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EAC extraction logfile from 27. October 2005, 17:43 for CD
Blue Merle / Burning in the Sun

Used drive  : LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1633S  Adapter: 1  ID: 2
Read mode  : Secure with NO C2, accurate stream, disable cache
Combined read/write offset correction : 0
Overread into Lead-In and Lead-Out : No

Used output format : D:\Programs\lame\lame-3.97b\lame.exe  (User Defined Encoder)
                    192 kBit/s
                    Additional command line options : -V 2 --vbr-new

Other options      :
    Fill up missing offset samples with silence : No
    Delete leading and trailing silent blocks : No
    Native Win32 interface for Win NT & 2000

Track 10
    Filename D:\downloads\Blue Merle - Burning in the Sun - 10 - Part of Your History.wav

Peak level 96.6 %
    Track quality 100.0 %
    Copy CRC D78E3BB9
    Copy OK

No errors occured

End of status report
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

any help you can offer is greatly appreciated.  hell, I might even put you on my christmas card list.

apologies for the newb questions but..

Reply #1
I can't really answer your first question.

I would simply go into the drive settings and set up the config yourself.  It may be worth looking at the Coaster Factory tutorials.  There's really not that much that needs changing.

According to http://www.accuraterip.com/driveoffsets.htm the read offset for you LiteOn is +12 (as it is with my SOHW832S) and for your Toshiba it is -472 (as it was for my old SD-M1502).

With regard to your command line, you have no source or destination specified.  Try:

-V2 --vbr-new %s %d

Edit: a lot of people pefer to tag their files using LAME rather than EAC.  It may be worth checking out the wiki for some tips.
I'm on a horse.