Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: New ASIO driver: issues, bug/problem reports, etc. (Read 49446 times) previous topic - next topic

New ASIO driver: issues, bug/problem reports, etc.

Reply #50
Version 2.0.4 does not work here (Win XP Pro SP3 32 bits, USB Soundblaster HD, Thinkpad T60 laptop).
I used the built-in component updater.
The soundcard does not appear in playback/output/asio
Tried ASIO4ALL but the entry does not provide the mapping to the Soundblaster. (It did with version 1.2.7)
DS works fine however

Reply #51
Version 2.0.4 does not work here (Win XP Pro SP3 32 bits, USB Soundblaster HD, Thinkpad T60 laptop).
Tried ASIO4ALL but the entry does not provide the mapping to the Soundblaster. (It did with version 1.2.7)
DS works fine however

Try to install that plugin manually. That should work. Don't forget to update your sound-driver of course.

Reply #52
Try to install that plugin manually.

Since at least two "bug" reports in here were based on wrong installation of the plugin, please do not recommend or encourage this behaviour.
It's only audiophile if it's inconvenient.

Reply #53
v2.0.4 work fine, on my both system:
1. X-FI XtremeMusic, Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi series driver 2.18.0015 - Windows7 x86-SP1
2. Prodigy Audiotrak HD2, ESI Driver v1.08 - WindowsXP Pro SP3

Thx Peter

Reply #54
If no matching entry shows in the output device list, your soundcard does not support ASIO. Quick google search reveals that USB SoundBlaster cards do not support ASIO.
DS works fine however
Tested ASIO4ALL on a Windows XP virtual machine, playback works correctly. Their configuration dialog doesn't quite work correctly, I'll see if this can be worked around.

Note that as for 2.0.4, botched manual installs block foobar2000 startup entirely to prevent nonsensical bug reports.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #55
Installed 2.0.4 on my 2 PCs (both Foobar 1.1.10 running onW7 Pro SP1 x86, one with Musiland 02, the other Xonar D2X) and not only works in both, it does so beautifully. Thx Peter, you are a star mate.

Cheers

Reply #56
I am unable to debug an ASIO driver in VisualStudio2008 against the new foo_out_asio 2.1 component.  Visual Studio would not stop at any breakpoints in my code. I can debug fine when using the old foo_out_asio.dll.  I am not sure if I am doing something wrong. Are there any special configuration  requirements for debugging?

OK, I found the answer. I have to attach to ASIOhost32.exe.

Reply #57
Just wanted to mention that I get several timeouts at playback since I use the new version 2.1, everything else (except for a little reaction delay) is fine.
I'm using the NI Audio 2 DJ, which is already known for troublesome ASIO drivers.

Reply #58
I think the delay is gone for me, but it is still very sensible to CPU load and usually it going over 80-85 produces pops and crackles.

Reply #59
Cool, ASIO support version 2.1 doesn't even need the "Convert mono to stereo" DSP anymore. Thanks! Mono files now play fine to stereo outputs (Left+Right) by default.

Reply #60
Cool, ASIO support version 2.1 doesn't even need the "Convert mono to stereo" DSP anymore. Thanks! Mono files now play fine to stereo outputs (Left+Right) by default.

Is there any other processing performed by the driver, besides sensing mono to L and R channels? Is the new ASIO driver bit-perfect under all usage scenarios? 

Thanks,

George

Reply #61
I think the delay is gone for me, but it is still very sensible to CPU load and usually it going over 80-85 produces pops and crackles.

New version (2.1.1) is supposed to address this:
Version 2.1.1 highlights:
* New "high process priority" option for dodgy drivers that stutter under high CPU load.

http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_out_asio

Even though I laughed at "dodgy drivers" (Focusrite drivers being dodgy, yeah, right), I am trying it now. I'll post back.

Reply #62
Well, still skippy at >90% of cpu usage.

Reply #63
Not skippy here under high CPU load (RME HDSP 9632, WinXP SP3).

Reply #64
I have audiophilleo1 which can bit-perfect test.

foo_out_asio 2.1.1 didn't pass the bit-perfect test.   
but foo_out_asio 1.2.7 was okay...

Reply #65
What was your DSP chain? Replaygain on or off?

Reply #67
in win8 i should have set win7 compatibility on asiohost.exe