IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Hydrogenaudio Forum Rules

- No Warez. This includes warez links, cracks and/or requests for help in getting illegal software or copyrighted music tracks!
- No Spamming or Trolling on the boards, this includes useless posts, trying to only increase post count or trying to deliberately create a flame war.
- No Hateful or Disrespectful posts. This includes: bashing, name-calling or insults directed at a board member.
- Click here for complete Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service

Reply to this topicStart new topic
[OFF-TOPIC ZEALOTRY] From: I need help with EAC 1.0 Beta3, From Topic ID: 95856
AshenTech
post Jul 4 2012, 06:59
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 62144

first, its best to use flac when ripping, then convert the flac to mp3 as needed, flac is lossless, mp3 is lossy, depending on the device you want to use the files on after ripping you may want to consider Ogg or even AAC for your lossy needs rather then mp3 as they retain higher quality then mp3 at the same bitrate.

this is my opinion, but, after having taught myself to ear mp3 artifacts when doing a project in highschool, mp3's even at 320k....they bug me, i can catch random compression errors/artifacts.....dosnt help that I also use higher quality earphones and a high end audio player (makes the flaws stick out more.)

please let us know what your planned use for the files is, such as what player you plan to use, what headphones, that kind of thing.

personally, If I am going to take the time to rip cd's I do it to flac, that way, no matter what format I want it in later, its easy to just convert to that format without added loss.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 10:26