Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [OFF-TOPIC ZEALOTRY] From: I need help with EAC 1.0 Beta3 (Read 761 times) previous topic - next topic

[OFF-TOPIC ZEALOTRY] From: I need help with EAC 1.0 Beta3

first, its best to use flac when ripping, then convert the flac to mp3 as needed, flac is lossless, mp3 is lossy, depending on the device you want to use the files on after ripping you may want to consider Ogg or even AAC for your lossy needs rather then mp3 as they retain higher quality then mp3 at the same bitrate.

this is my opinion, but, after having taught myself to ear mp3 artifacts when doing a project in highschool, mp3's even at 320k....they bug me, i can catch random compression errors/artifacts.....dosnt help that I also use higher quality earphones and a high end audio player (makes the flaws stick out more.)

please let us know what your planned use for the files is, such as what player you plan to use, what headphones, that kind of thing.

personally, If I am going to take the time to rip cd's I do it to flac, that way, no matter what format I want it in later, its easy to just convert to that format without added loss.