Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to display album count in artist header using Simplaylist (Read 1357 times) previous topic - next topic

How to display album count in artist header using Simplaylist

In the screenshot below the number "38" in the artist header is the number of songs by that artist achieved by using %items% in the Simplaylist > Groups preferences.  Is there a way to display the number of ALBUMS instead?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

How to display album count in artist header using Simplaylist

Reply #1
no, i don't think so. i know %items% is not standard throughout foobar so i checked the documentation for simplaylist and found it listed. i think you're limited to what is listed there plus all the global stuff which foobar supports natively (which only works on a per track basis - there are no aggregating/counting features for groups). a really dirty workaround would be to custom tag all music by a given artist with the album count and display that but i doubt you want that.

EsPlaylist is an alternate playlist viewer which does support what you want. it has its own special value named %es_subgroup_count%. it is slightly different appearance wise compared to simplaylist and is probably a bit trickier to configure but it does support inline album art like you have in your screenshot.

http://foo2k.chottu.net/#esp