Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Ogg Vorbis decoding problems (Read 5841 times) previous topic - next topic

Ogg Vorbis decoding problems

okay, I opened this thread to have a thread dedicated to problems with decoding OGG Vorbis files (I couldn't find one elsewhere on HA). First let me thank John33 for his work with Oggvorbis. I didn't PM him with my problems as I think it is more suitable to make it "official". So here we go:

I downloaded OggdecV1.95 from rarewares and used it on my WinXP-SP3 PC to decode long (1h long) OGG vorbis files. Oggdec crashed instantly and always (I didn't specify any decoding option). Oggdec1.94 on the other hand showed no problems at all....

Reply #1
Sorry to hear you've experienced a problem. Can you tell me something more about the file you're decoding? How many channels, etc.?

Reply #2
OK, I've just encoded a 1 hour 20 mins stereo wave file at 48k samplerate using the aoTuVb5.5 oggdropXPd and then decoded it using the same oggdropXPd without any hint of a problem. But, when using oggdec 1.9.5 it crashes although 1.9.4 is OK!! Clearly I've screwed something so I'll check into it and get back to you.

Reply #3
V1.9.6 uploaded which resolves this problem.  Thanks for letting me know about it.

Reply #4
V1.9.6 uploaded which resolves this problem.  Thanks for letting me know about it.

Cheers! Works like a charm now :-)