Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [TOS #2/5] From: "Upgrading" out of the '80s (Read 1257 times) previous topic - next topic

[TOS #2/5] From: "Upgrading" out of the '80s

FiddleMinger: Buy what you like, because if you ask here too many will act like you're spending their money. It's an overreaction to a legitimate disdain for the "audiophool press" or whatever.

The Focusrite 2i4 is a great option IMO. It may be more than you "need" but it can serve far more purposes in the future. Buy something too cheap and you'll be upgrading it later, I think.

In general: you know what I think would be nice? If new posters could be welcomed instead of subject to condescension for having misconceptions. If we're too good to tell people why they are mistaken maybe a simple link or two could be helpful. Seems more reasonable than always demanding evidence for something when we purport to already know the answer.
The Loudness War is over. Now it's a hopeless occupation.

Reply #1
If you want to make up unfounded crap about the evils of digital, feel free to post elsewhere. If you don't like the nature of the responses you get, feel free to post elsewhere. If you can't be bothered to do a little research before presenting nonsense in a factual way, feel free to post elsewhere. If you choose to alienate people with loaded thread titles, don't be surprised people will take issue. If you don't like that people take issue, you got it, go play someplace else.

This forum will always demand evidence for claims that appear to have little merit. That is the culture here. If you don't like it then you've come to the wrong place. There are plenty of other places you can go if you want a pass for making up stuff.

Reply #2
If you want to make up unfounded crap about the evils of digital, feel free to post elsewhere.  If you don't like the nature of the responses you get, feel free to post elsewhere. If you can't be bothered to do a little research before presenting nonsense in a factual way, feel free to post elsewhere.  If you choose to alienate people with loaded thread titles, don't be surprised people will take issue. If you don't like that people take issue, you got it, go play someplace else.

I wouldn't assume or imply anybody with misconceptions was "making things up." ...and I know I'm an a__hole. I feel free to post here and so should anyone else.

Edit: Oh, you changed your angry immoderate response again. Sorry.
The Loudness War is over. Now it's a hopeless occupation.

Reply #3
@Engelsstaub:

He is more than capable of verifying his content for accuracy prior to posting.

Is this going to turn into another off-topic Engelestaub temper tantrum?  If so, don't be surprised to find your freedom to post here ending quite abruptly.  This thread will not be your soapbox to whine about how mean and nasty we are.