Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: New iRiver Firmware Is Out! (Read 3353 times) previous topic - next topic

New iRiver Firmware Is Out!

Hey, guys. If you own an iRiver iMP-XXX MP3 / CD player, listen up! iRiver has just released new firmware updates (dated 2003-02-03) which add improved features and reduce bugs.

http://www.iriver.com/download/index.asp?f...&field_code=IMP

To find out specific update details for your player, simply click on the name of your product. No Ogg Vorbis decoding support yet, but hey, the improved battery life is a welcome change!

-- Negative Zero --

Reply #1
... as is the fact that the player can now sort files by their physical location on the disc, and save even more battery life. Which means if you already sort your music to the CD-R in its preferred playing order (easy to do), you get a double battery bonus. 

- M.

Reply #2
Cool. I took the plunge and flashed my Rio Volt SP-100 with the iRiver firmware, and I'm very pleased. Longer battery life and much harder to skip.
That's so plausible, I can't believe it.

Reply #3
this is the first time i updated my imp-150 chromeX. what is the expected battery life if i use --alt-preset 144 to encode my files?

edit: is --alt-preset 144 even a good quality setting?

Reply #4
edit: is --alt-preset 144 even a good quality setting?

My opinion is, since it is a CD based player, where space is less important, you should go with -aps, it will give you 8 hours of music on a 700MB cd filled to the rim. A couple of those and you are quite set, IMHO.
I used to do -ap 140,  and although most of the music sounded OK, I decided to go with -aps because you never know when you are going to listen to your music with something else than the crappy headphones bundled with the 150.
(and yes, I know about the no-relation between equipment and artifacts, but anyway)
I'm the one in the picture, sitting on a giant cabbage in Mexico, circa 1978.
Reseñas de Rock en Español: www.estadogeneral.com