Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: mp3s from cd rip tagged as 48000 (Read 2623 times) previous topic - next topic

mp3s from cd rip tagged as 48000

So I've ripped a CD a while ago, and was perplexed to find they saved as 48000, or at least that's what the tags state.
I then realized CDs are 44100... so It must be an issue with tagging.

How do change mp3 tags to 44100?

The engineer responsible must've tagged files incorrectly...

Thanks

Reply #1
Sample rate is not a tag, it is encoded into every data frame. If the file is truly 48000 and you want to change it to 44100 then the only way is to decode to wav, resample to 44100, and reencode to mp3.

What software is telling you that the sample rate is 48000?

Reply #2
I guess you could rerip the CDs but I probably would just live with it.

Reply #3
Does it play back at the correct pitch and speed? If so, you probably have nothing to worry about.
the digital delinquent

Reply #4
44.1k mp3 or 48k mp3 would not matter (except in special situations).

You have ripped to a lossy format, which means that the file isn't bit-by-bit identical to the original signal anyway - it just sounds like it is, and that is the point of it.