Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Very new to FOBAR2000 (Read 4102 times) previous topic - next topic

Very new to FOBAR2000

Hello friends :

I had just install foobar2000 on my pc but its looks very lonely, i want complete guide to make fobar2000 my best music player.
New to FOOBAR2000 + forums.

Very new to FOBAR2000

Reply #1
Hello friends :

I had just install foobar2000 on my pc but its looks very lonely, i want complete guide to make fobar2000 my best music player.

you might start with the facets component. It adds some usefulness to me in terms of library organization and use....

Very new to FOBAR2000

Reply #2
Ok i will try this. 

Very new to FOBAR2000

Reply #3
What is 'best'? Do you like fancy skins? Build for yourself or download others? Hints threads:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=94195
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=87702
Or google for "foobar2000 skins". You should probably restrict search to e.g. "foobar2000" AND skins AND "foobar 1", since there are quite a few not compatible with more recent fb2k versions.

Or do you want functionality as HDCD decoding on-the-fly etc? Look up the official site for components, or the 3rd party components section of this forum. Again, bear in mind that you might find unsupported components that may not work with the more recent fb2k versions.

Very new to FOBAR2000

Reply #4
First of all i want that it should look pretty.

Very new to FOBAR2000

Reply #7
foobar2000 FTW! ^^

He should look elsewhere if he want to skin it.
That's what I said, I think. 

Most people want a fancy-looking player, like Winamp but foobar2000 is nothing like that.

And it's mostly hidden when listening, so what's the point.
I do like to dress it with all kinds of title formatting and change colors.
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

Very new to FOBAR2000

Reply #8
Actually i had seen one of my friend using foobar2000 and I'm very surprised by its features that's why i choose foobar2000 to be my music player from now onwards.
That's the reason i had joined this forum.

Winamp is nothing against foobar2000.

Very new to FOBAR2000

Reply #9
If you want to have a "pretty" (as in "pimp my ride" in screenshots), look at the skins on deviantart, e.g. those by Br3tt. But you will have a hard time using them, because they combine many components and features.

That's why you are recommended here to stick to the default UI and familiarise yourself with the features (not the looks) of the player first. Facets is the single most powerful UI element for library browsing. The component WSH panel mod is great for visualising any kind of metadata and can make very custom toolbars.

When you feel comfortable with that, you can try to add Columns UI. It is more customizable, but very tedious to configure. Even more complexity is offered Panel Stack Splitter, which is used as the basis for most "shiny" layouts. I myself stick to Default and Columns UI and use WSH Panel mod for informative eye candy visuals. YMMV

Very new to FOBAR2000

Reply #10
If you want to have a "pretty" (as in "pimp my ride" in screenshots), look at the skins on deviantart, e.g. those by Br3tt. But you will have a hard time using them, because they combine many components and features.

That's why you are recommended here to stick to the default UI and familiarise yourself with the features (not the looks) of the player first. Facets is the single most powerful UI element for library browsing. The component WSH panel mod is great for visualising any kind of metadata and can make very custom toolbars.

When you feel comfortable with that, you can try to add Columns UI. It is more customizable, but very tedious to configure. Even more complexity is offered Panel Stack Splitter, which is used as the basis for most "shiny" layouts. I myself stick to Default and Columns UI and use WSH Panel mod for informative eye candy visuals. YMMV

yes you are right...i had faced the above said problem.

Thanks man for your valuable post (like it).

Very new to FOBAR2000

Reply #11
@rakesh

Let me put it this way, choose fb2k if u need more control on your listening behaviour, it just takes some time to get yourself familiarize with it. Don't misjudge the default user interface due to its simple looks, and as others have said use deviantart skins to make it beautiful in your sense otherwise personally i prefer to stick with the components and customize the layout for my own needs and requirements. If you can't understand anything this place is heaven for you.
I would recommend you to first use the default user interface and learn to customize it with some
titleformatting scripts - http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...tting_Reference

(or you could use darkone v3 skin by tedgo from deviantart, its very easy to install it.)

Just give it some time you will love it.

cheers

Very new to FOBAR2000

Reply #12
Learning new things about foobar2000 from this forum and internet.

Learning speed is slow but i am fine that i am learning and applying the same in foobar2000.

I'm loving it (foobar2000).