Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
'*-Bots' showing up more often?
MachineHead
post Aug 17 2003, 13:26
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3380

I noticed lately on the forum statistics that there a couple of '-bots' showing up with some regularity. Is it just because of the latest forum updates that these are being recognized? And have they always been around but just not showing uop until recently?

In particular Googlebot and Hotbot.

--------------------
Looking for a digital idiot? Look no further.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ScorLibran
post Aug 17 2003, 15:52
Post #2

Group: Banned
Member No.: 7495

QUOTE (MachineHead @ Aug 17 2003, 08:26 AM)
I noticed lately on the forum statistics that there a couple of '-bots' showing up with some regularity. Is it just because of the latest forum updates that these are being recognized? And have they always been around but just not showing uop until recently?

In particular Googlebot and Hotbot.

I see a "Hot Bot" in the member list right now, as a matter of fact. If these bots are trying to be discreet in their presence, I think it's funny that they are getting a "flag stuck in them" by showing up in the logged-in-list.

So are these kind of things usually benign, such as seeking popular topics by someone with good intentions? Or are they usually malevolent by, for example, enabling advertising, or worse...? Have there been any automated postings/responses here by any bots?

And if these are RIAA spybots, I'm gonna be pi**ed!!! mad.gif
+Quote Post
DAvenger
post Aug 17 2003, 16:09
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 6640

QUOTE (ScorLibran @ Aug 17 2003, 06:52 AM)
And if these are RIAA spybots, I'm gonna be pi**ed!!!  mad.gif

laugh.gif

Invision Board 1.2 is so to say "searchbot friendly". Bots have been here before but now the board makes it easier for them to index topics. Not sure why the admins here opted to make them visible to all users dry.gif

--------------------
Reklama na internete - http://www.consultone.sk
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 04:55