Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 0.7 Public Test (Read 215448 times) previous topic - next topic

0.7 Public Test

Reply #525
beta 43 posted, including prototype playlist switcher (can be embedded in UI later, so no whining about having to pop up the window please)
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

0.7 Public Test

Reply #526
Do you have telephatic skills too, besides of programming, peter?

Yesterday evening, i was thinking about pen&paper RPGs, and if i would host a game, how to use music for different moods. I thought "okay, i could use foobar for this, but how to change between different sets of music? and... how to do it in a soft way, so that the transition between those sets wouldn't be too obvious"

And today, beta 43 is out, with multiple playlist support. When setting "follow cursor" to on, i can switch to playlist B while playlist A is still playing, position the cursor on an appropriate track.... and voila, after the current song of playlist A ends, the selected song on playlist B begins...... and when used together with the crossfade-plugin, i can even crossfade from one playlist to another one - awesome!

THANK YOU!

sorry if this isn't a bug-posting - but you implemented the perfect solution to my problem withouth knowing it

- Lyx
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

0.7 Public Test

Reply #527
Hi. Tag display for streams doesn't seem to work with beta 43.

I tested with a ShoutCast stream, and a Vorbis stream.

With shoutcast streams, neither the playlist item nor the statusbar displays the %title%s; %_filename_ext% is shown instead of %title%. In the File Info window, the Metadata pane displays nothing. The technical info pane displays some tidbits. %__bitrate% in playlist works.

With Vorbis streams, the playlist item just displays %_filename_ext%. The statusbar displays the %title% properly. In the File Info window, Both the Metadata pane and the technical pane are empty. %__bitrate% in playlist doesn't work.

Hope this helps. : )

0.7 Public Test

Reply #528
Hi. Tag display for streams doesn't seem to work with beta 43.

I tested with a ShoutCast stream, and a Vorbis stream.

With shoutcast streams, neither the playlist item nor the statusbar displays the %title%s; %_filename_ext% is shown instead of %title%. In the File Info window, the Metadata pane displays nothing. The technical info pane displays some tidbits. %__bitrate% in playlist works.

With Vorbis streams, the playlist item just displays %_filename_ext%. The statusbar displays the %title% properly. In the File Info window, Both the Metadata pane and the technical pane are empty. %__bitrate% in playlist doesn't work.

Hope this helps. : )

Seems to work exactly as intended (whee, finally proper handling for dynamic track titles). However, you don't get any info specific to the stream itself (just per-song vorbis comment headers), so there's no info to put in database, and playlist can show only filename.
Should work nicer if you load a .pls instead (will show stream title).

0.7 Public Test

Reply #529
Seems to work exactly as intended (whee, finally proper handling for dynamic track titles). However, you don't get any info specific to the stream itself (just per-song vorbis comment headers), so there's no info to put in database, and playlist can show only filename.
Should work nicer if you load a .pls instead (will show stream title).

Thank you for the explanation.  I now see the reasoning behind the change. I'll try loading a .pls in the future.

BTW, if it isn't on your TODO list already, could you consider handling ShoutCast per-song data the same way you handle Vorbis comment headers, please? Right now, the status bar doesn't display per-song titles when playing ShoutCast.

0.7 Public Test

Reply #530
Thank you for the explanation.  I now see the reasoning behind the change. I'll try loading a .pls in the future.

BTW, if it isn't on your TODO list already, could you consider handling ShoutCast per-song data the same way you handle Vorbis comment headers, please? Right now, the status bar doesn't display per-song titles when playing ShoutCast.

That is planned (since there's finally a civilized method for doing it instead of wild database update calls from input).

0.7 Public Test

Reply #531
beta45 posted, featuring new tabbed playlist layout.

0.7 Public Test

Reply #532
Bug

Pausing the playback makes foobar's output buzz.
Using direct sound as output via the digital out.
I restarted foobar and it still occurs.
No third party plugins installed

foobar 0.7 b45
winxp
terratec ews 24/96

keep up the great work

regards
AMED

OK i've read the post below, thanks for the info
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

0.7 Public Test

Reply #533
Bug

Pausing the playback makes foobar's output buzz.
Using direct sound as output via the digital out.
I restarted foobar and it still occurs.
No third party plugins installed

foobar 0.7 b45
winxp
terratec ews 24/96

keep up the great work

regards
AMED

Bug - yes, in foobar2000 - no.
I suggest that you just use waveOut or something (waveOut is default now, even on win2k/xp).

0.7 Public Test

Reply #534
I suggest that you just use waveOut or something (waveOut is default now, even on win2k/xp).

So waveOut is now the recommend output method even on 2K/XP?

0.7 Public Test

Reply #535
Probably, especially for those who use digital out, no thanks to the buzzing bug in DirectSound as reported.

0.7 Public Test

Reply #536
0.7 RC1 on main page.

0.7 Public Test

Reply #537
RC1 working great so far.

One minor issue:
One can't remove the active playlist. I don't know if this is a limitation of windows, but would it be possible to make it possible to remove the currently active playlist, and the next available playlist automatically becomes the active one (plus, check if its the only playlist left)?

It's not a big issue, but i keep finding myself trying to remove the active playlist(because of clicking the tab to take a look at it, and then right-clicking on the tab to remove it).

- Lyx
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

0.7 Public Test

Reply #538
Well, I think the idea is to prevent people from accidentally removing the active playlist. After all, the active playlist is active because you want to use it.

0.7 Public Test

Reply #539
Bug report: I tired to rename a playlist in beta 45 to "AC/DC" but the "/" is changed to a "_". Running Win2k3, fresh install standard setup.
Blubb

0.7 Public Test

Reply #540
I believe symbols such as '/' cannot be used in Windows filenames. That's why the thing is renamed.