Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Remove from playlist once played (Read 2329 times) previous topic - next topic

Remove from playlist once played

i generally use foobar on shuffle mode and find quite often that tracks repeat after a short while.
Would it be a good idea to have an option to remove from playlist once played?

Reply #1
i generally use foobar on shuffle mode and find quite often that tracks repeat after a short while.
Would it be a good idea to have an option to remove from playlist once played?

Why not?
But you might as well sort|randomize your playlist to avoid the tracks to repeat.

Reply #2
But you might as well sort|randomize your playlist to avoid the tracks to repeat.

Looks especially 7337 when you've got some nice Album Formatted Playlist String 

Sorry, just kidding.

Actually has been mentioned quite a few times here lately.  Seems to be harder to implement then thought of though.

So far your best option ideed is to simply shuffle up the playlist a bit and then play it through.  Actually that seems more than adequate to me, but then I have to admit that I hardly ever listen to my music in shuffle mode.

Reply #3
ah i see
cheers

Reply #4
As I've stated elsewhere before, you might still get repeats.  I do.  I randomy sorted my playlist and then play the playlist straight through.  Every now and then I do get repeats.  Strange, but it happens.

Reply #5
As I've stated elsewhere before, you might still get repeats.  I do.  I randomy sorted my playlist and then play the playlist straight through.  Every now and then I do get repeats.  Strange, but it happens.

You mean: after you had your playlist randomized and pressed "play", foobar played (for example): track at first position, then second, third, fourth, and then second again?

Really, I doubt that... 

Reply #6

Then you need to go through your mp3s/playlist and delete the duplicates...  Because the only way you'll get things played more then once with a randomized playlist is if they are in the playlist more then once...