Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Shortcuts: win key? (Read 3242 times) previous topic - next topic

Shortcuts: win key?

Is it possible to use win-logo key for keyboard shortcuts in fb2k? And if it isnt possible, then maybe plugin exists which lets to do that?

Thanks for any info

Reply #1
mebbe try a search for old posts about this. :)

if i was less lazy i would link them for you.

stripe

Reply #2
IIRC it was suggested to use Hoekeys for that purpose. I don't myself use that (I don't even have Win keys on my keyboard) so I can't tell you how it has to be used.

Reply #3
I tried searching, but didnt find anything useful..

Reply #5
Yeah well.. I tried "win key" and "logo key", but nothing was found.. I guess I didn't try hard enough then.. Sorry for disturbance, I'll try hoekey now..

Reply #6
Aww.. just took a look at it - it's a yet-another-application.. That kinda sucks, since main reason I'm using fb2k is.. low memory and cpu usage

Reply #7
Aww.. just took a look at it - it's a yet-another-application.. That kinda sucks, since main reason I'm using fb2k is.. low memory and cpu usage

hoekey isnt an ideal solution, but can be useful and i cant imagine it consuming all your memory....
Memory is there to be used, no? and its cpu usage is probably negligable.. Its not like it takes up tray icons etc.

Anyway, I dont know exactly why win key isnt supported, and there isnt a plugin to do it.. Sorry, but hoekey is the closest thing im aware of.

Reply #8
Anyway, I dont know exactly why win key isnt supported, and there isnt a plugin to do it.. Sorry, but hoekey is the closest thing im aware of.

Don't know either, but if someone want to set the WinKey as a hotkey you just need to use the RegisterHotKey() function:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default....isterhotkey.asp
With MOD_WIN as the modifier key.

Any further discussion related to this should probably go in the developer section.

Reply #9
I wonder if this thread could be moved to dev area?

Hotkeys control used in fb2k is msctls_hotkey32 (HOTKEY_CLASS) - unfortunately I wasn't able to figure out what is required to make it accept winkey. Or maybe it isnt possible at all? Should be..

Reply #10
I wonder if this thread could be moved to dev area?

Hotkeys control used in fb2k is msctls_hotkey32 (HOTKEY_CLASS) - unfortunately I wasn't able to figure out what is required to make it accept winkey. Or maybe it isnt possible at all? Should be..

Feel free to go start a thread over in the dev area if you figure anything out =)