Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: XLD: final test of what I’ve learned, help me get all settings correct (Read 3939 times) previous topic - next topic

XLD: final test of what I’ve learned, help me get all settings correct

maybe it will be a good idea to create a single thread where everybody can post his rip logs test to get an help by the community, what do you think about it? Searching the forum, there is nothing about it

So, learning a lot in these 2 days thanks to you, i'm here to test all my knowledges and get the final helps.

Album --> XX - The XX

1 TEST

i create a single file + cue and on the flac option i checked the allow to embed cue sheet and about tagging you can see my settings here -->

[a href=\"http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/146/schermata20110706a22505.png/\" target=\"_blank\"]   

Reply #1
I think you're almost a Jedi...

Your ripping settings are fine (great album! BTW), just remember that if AccurateRip info is available, the secure engine gains you nothing unless your drive has problems reading the disc.

Since it looks like your particular drive is approx. 50% slower with the secure engine, I'd always use burst if AR is available, and only switch to secure if you get errors on the first rip (which shouldn't happen too often if your discs are in decent shape...I know the Matshita drive in my Mac mini is very good with lightly-scratched discs).

Caching doesn't matter with burst mode, and in secure mode in XLD, I don't think you have an option to enable or disable it - it appears to handle it automatically.

Your LAME encoding settings are a bit overkill - lowering the Target Quality to 2,0 will save you quite a bit in terms of bitrate, but will still be transparent on the vast majority of music.
"Not sure what the question is, but the answer is probably no."

Reply #2
thanks thanks thanks, i will try to reduce the target quality now i make some test!

Reply #3
Guys, just to confirm i made good rips now ;-)

1) put the cd and open it with XLD
2) create a lossless copy of it using XLD with the options like the screenshot (and FLAC configuration)
3) then transcode in mp3

it's all ok? Am i missing something here?

Link: http://imgur.com/a/aPtPD#.T6OoUg7U_6I.link