Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Nero 7 Premium officially released (Read 43833 times) previous topic - next topic

Nero 7 Premium officially released

The new Nero version has finally been released. It includes many new multimedia applications, such as Nero MediaHome, as well as the long awaited new and improved AAC encoder. Other changes include improvements of the DVD backing up tool Nero Recode, as well as Blu-Ray support.

http://www.nero.com/nero7/eng/index.html

Reply #1
Other changes include improvements of the DVD backing up tool Nero Recode

a. - what changes?
b. - and what version of recode is that?

----

Hateful and Disrespectful part: i do really hate that nero.com page.
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

Reply #2
Hateful and Disrespectful part: i do really hate that nero.com page.

You can never have too much brushed steel...
I'm on a horse.

Reply #3
Well, it seems as if everyone and their brother are downloading it as I tried this morning and am trying now and still can't download the retail version.  I was hoping that they would increase their bandwidth by this afternoon, I guess not.

Edit:  Right as I said this a download went through.  It is running a little slow (160KB/sec on a 600KB/sec connection) but it is going through.

Reply #4
Any word yet on what the upgrade cost will be for those of us that bought the last version outside of the "free upgrade" period?

I will still wait a couple of days before downloading
I'm the one in the picture, sitting on a giant cabbage in Mexico, circa 1978.
Reseñas de Rock en Español: www.estadogeneral.com

Reply #5
Any word yet on what the upgrade cost will be for those of us that bought the last version outside of the "free upgrade" period?
see for yourself:
http://www.nero.com/eng/Upgrade_InfoPage.php
Please enter your current Serial Number to qualify for a Special Upgrade Offer
Nothing but a Heartache - Since I found my Baby ;)

Reply #6
39 Euro

I'll think about it for a couple of weeks (and end up buying it).

I guess that after years of using Nero "illegally" (but not for a while, okay?) it is a little price to pay.

I don't really need much more than the CD burning app and Recode.
I'm the one in the picture, sitting on a giant cabbage in Mexico, circa 1978.
Reseñas de Rock en Español: www.estadogeneral.com

Reply #7
Just tried encoding a staff with extreme schema, which usualy generates 220k aac, however, I got a 196k at last. Then I tried Audiophile, got 274k. So weird that there is such a big leap from the lower schema to a higher one.

Reply #8
I'd be curious to see how the new encoder does with LC AAC at bitates between 80-128kbps, especially compared to QT7 CBR or the new 96kbps VBR profile. With all the hype about HE AAC at lower bitrates (64 and under), it would be nice to see some improvement at the lower usable end of the LC range, especially since most portables supporting AAC don't (yet) decode SBR.

Reply #10
I will open a listening test discussion soon. Since Apple didin't release a HE-AAC encoder (or am I talking bullshit?), I will conduce an 128 kbps test soon.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=339216"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm doing a personal listening test on my side. Big task: I plan to use 200 samples for this one

Reply #11
afaik there is no he aac from apple.
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

Reply #12
@Ivan or Garf : does the new aac encoder support the ND gapless data feature full compliant with ISO standard ? If not, is it planned ?

Thank you... 

Reply #13
is there going to be way where we can just purchase the encoder? nero is good program and all but i dont feel like throwing down $70 just to test the encoder
[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']"We will restore chaos"-Bush on Iraq[/span]

Reply #14
I'd just like to throw my support to the guys at Nero.  I'm playing with the new codec now and it sounds absolutely amazing.  I'm not going to compare it to other codecs out there without performing a listening test (which i don't have time for right now), but sufice to say I'm am extremely impressed.  Right now I'm listening to a Dave Weckl song (read lots of drums = transients) that was recorded on the lowest VBR profile (average bitrate of 38kbps) and I'm seriously impressed.  You guys have done an amazing job, top work!

Reply #15
is there going to be way where we can just purchase the encoder? nero is good program and all but i dont feel like throwing down $70 just to test the encoder
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=339252"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Testing it is no problem, you can use the 30-day trial version, which AFAIK is fully functional.
Proverb for Paranoids: "If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers."
-T. Pynchon (Gravity's Rainbow)

Reply #16
I will open a listening test discussion soon. Since Apple didin't release a HE-AAC encoder (or am I talking bullshit?), I will conduce an 128 kbps test soon.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=339216"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm doing a personal listening test on my side. Big task: I plan to use 200 samples for this one
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=339227"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Good luck!

Reply #17
I'm currently downloading the demo version to check it out!  Is it possible to install the demo side by side with nero 6?

Reply #18
I'm doing a personal listening test on my side. Big task: I plan to use 200 samples for this one [a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=339227"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Looking forward to the results! They must turn out to be very interesting.

Reply #19
I'm currently downloading the demo version to check it out!  Is it possible to install the demo side by side with nero 6?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=339483"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I don't know about the app itself, but you should be able to have multiple aacenc (or whatever its called now) dlls on the system at once and swap them out to switch between encoders.

Reply #20
Does anybody know the difference between "Premium", the downloadable package and "Ultra", the retail, boxed version?

Reply #21
Well, you can't have previous versions of Nero installed as well as Nero 7.  The Nero 7 installation with uninstall all previous versions.  As far as the differences between the Premium and Ultra editions, I don't know.  So far, I have not come across an actuall difference.  I have used Nero Recode, the Nero AAC encoder, the Nero CD ripper, and most of the burning apps for Nero (for both the Premium and Ultra Editions).  I still can't find a difference.

So far, I am pleased.  There aren't very many changes in the different smaller apps of Nero but I am pleased with the mpeg-4 AAC encoder and the different mpeg-4 AAC video encoders.

Reply #22
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=339227"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Wow, impressive, good luck!

What will the test consist of? I assume latest iTunes/Quicktime AAC VBR and latest Nero AAC VBR. Any other encoders? MP3, Ogg?
Every night with my star friends / We eat caviar and drink champagne
Sniffing in the VIP area / We talk about Frank Sinatra
Do you know Frank Sinatra? / He's dead

Reply #23
Wow, impressive, good luck!

What will the test consist of? I assume latest iTunes/Quicktime AAC VBR and latest Nero AAC VBR. Any other encoders? MP3, Ogg?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=339804"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Latest iTunes, latest Nero, LAME 3.98 alpha and Vorbis aoTuVb4. For anchors, LAME -V 2 --vbr-new as high anchor and MBaacenc 0.3 as low anchor.

128kbps VBR.

Reply #24
Is there a changelog for the whole program? What has changed in the AAC encoder? High bitrates? Low-bitrates? Everything?

Does it work with the old frontends?