Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: background replaygain analyzation (Read 2493 times) previous topic - next topic

background replaygain analyzation

how about an *optional* analyzation, perhaps with 'low' thread priority, for analyzing files for replaygain values which do not already contain values?  So perhaps when you add a crapload of new files to your playlist and a portion of them don't contain values, by the time it gets to those files the values will have been calculated already.  Optional, of course, off by default, so that it wouldn't be eating a bunch of cpu/memory/etc for those that wouldn't like it doing that.

Reply #1
I like the basic idea.

I have another that should be simple:

when no replaygain info is present for a song, use the database average. This prevents non-replaygained stuff from blowing out my hearing.

Edit: and do a sanity check on that value

Reply #2
or possibly easier to implement, optional scanning of unscanned files before playback of that one track begins.  So you'd get a pause between tracks if the next song hadn't been scanned yet.