Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Multiformat Listening Test @ 128 kbps - OPEN (Read 164652 times) previous topic - next topic

Multiformat Listening Test @ 128 kbps - OPEN

Reply #175
I could. I've been on vacation for a while now and have been unable to listen to the samples with my best equipment. The final decision is up to you, as always, since you're the one running the test .
EAC>1)fb2k>LAME3.99 -V 0 --vbr-new>WMP12 2)MAC-Extra High

Reply #177
OK, let's be more precise...

Who could submit results if the test is extended by one or two weeks? So far, I have Halcyon, kwanbis and sTisTi (or his wife ).

BTW, if you don't plan testing all samples, it would be cool to test the samples for which I have too few results. [a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=352019"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Unfortunately I too have been quite busy with other activities. This test really needs concentration and a proper mood. I am going to post some results on 25th anyway, but an extension would make possible to add more samples.

Reply #178

Who could submit results if the test is extended by one or two weeks? So far, I have Halcyon, kwanbis and sTisTi (or his wife ).

BTW, if you don't plan testing all samples, it would be cool to test the samples for which I have too few results.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=352019"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

i could. and would try yo test them all.

Reply #179
I'd try to test a few more samples if the test was extended (only came across it today).
However, on the first one my untrained ears were unable to rate anything but the low anchor, so I don't know how much of a contribution that'd be.

MedO

Reply #180

BTW, if you don't plan testing all samples, it would be cool to test the samples for which I have too few results.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=352019"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Add me to that list. The testing was more demanding and took more time that I had thought, so I have unfortunately only done two samples so far. I promise to do at least two per day after the 26:th if you extend the deadline.

Reply #181
I also will try more samples if it get extended. Otherwise I will only make the last ones.

Reply #182
Another problem when extending is that the time span between the end of my test and the beginning of the 48 kbps listening will become shorter - unless the person who is running the test doesn't mind postponing the start to February so there is a break of one month between the two.

Reply #183
Another problem when extending is that the time span between the end of my test and the beginning of the 48 kbps listening will become shorter - unless the person who is running the test doesn't mind postponing the start to February so there is a break of one month between the two.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=352109"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm in support for an extension.

Waiting another week seems like a small sacrifice when compared to all the time that went into the preparation of this test.

Sebastian it seems that extending the test will provide significantly more results.

I would hate to see the conclusions of this test considered unreliable due to lack of test results. Just think of all the effort that went into the pre-test discussion. Has it all been in vain?

Please extend the test!

Reply #185
perfect

Reply #186
Thank you

Reply #187
We are slowly approaching the deadline and I still don't have enough results for several samples.
Considering 10 results per sample are minimum, this is what I ask people to focus on :

Code: [Select]
Sample number:                9    13    15    16    17
-------------------------------------------------------
Missing results (at least):   1     2     2     3     3

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351772"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I know the deadline has been extended.  However, it may still be useful to post this info on the first page.

Oliver

Reply #188
According to my schedule, I can only evaluate the results on Saturday, January 14th, 2006, so I am extending the test until Friday, January 13th, 2006.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=352114"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Great. I'll send you my first 11 results now, though, since you want them.
davidnaylor.org

Reply #189
According to my schedule, I can only evaluate the results on Saturday, January 14th, 2006, so I am extending the test until Friday, January 13th, 2006.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=352114"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Great. I'll send you my first 11 results now, though, since you want them.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=352273"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If you want to test more samples, feel free to post everything at once.

Edit: Too late.

Reply #190
Thanks, Sebastian .
EAC>1)fb2k>LAME3.99 -V 0 --vbr-new>WMP12 2)MAC-Extra High

Reply #191
Two minutes ago, I just received the third unencrypted result. I would like to ask everyone not to set up the test for themeselves, but use the pre-made configuration files (configXX.ecf - XX being the number of the sample you want to test). Using them, the results are automatically encrypted upon saving. Please send only encrypted results.

Thank you.

Reply #192
I give up for now.  The low anchor is always obvious for me, but I can't tell any other sample from the original.
Don't know if it's my ears, my lack of training or my equipment... well, I'll be back for the 48kbps test.

Reply #194
Thanks for the extension, Sebastian. I'll try to contribute, it seems I'll have enough time now. This test is pretty hard, I must say…
Infrasonic Quartet + Sennheiser HD650 + Microlab Solo 2 mk3. 

Reply #195
BAH, was hoping to come back from xmas and find the results.

Reply #196
and did you contributed anything?

Reply #197
I'm planning to contribute in this listening test...it'll be my first.
I've read the documentation, however I would be gratefull for answers for questions below (sorry if they were answered previously/somewhere - I have acces to net only in cafe right now...)

As I understand, ABC-HR part will "directly" provide the results, and ABX part is neccesary to...what exactly? Determining how much "weight" should be put on individual results while calculating end results? Or perhaps it's "just" to provide the threshold of 0,05 determining which results should be taken into account and which not, at all?
The reason I'm asking is to know if I should provide the results for all samples (doing ABX between original and each of them until the probability will stabilize somehow). Or perhaps it's entirelly acceptable to first ABX the samples to know which ones give me desirable probability, beacuse these ones will be taken into account while calculating end results and rest - not?

Reply #198
The ABX part is there to help YOU make sure that a "difference" you are hearing really exists.

Reply #199
So...it won't have any effect on end results of whole test?    (of course other than the case when ABX results are "against" ABC/HR ones  )