Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Setting up skipping silence (Read 2298 times) previous topic - next topic

Setting up skipping silence

How do i set up the skipping silence so i don't get a clipping noise when listening to the likes of "Pink Floyd - The Wall" or "Electric Light Orchestra - Time".

Reply #1
have you enabled it under file>preferences>playback>dsp manager>active dsp

Reply #2
Do you mean you get a glitch at track change and want to use Skip Silence DSP to fix that? I hope I misunderstood because the DSP is not meant for such use and won't work that way.
Old lossy encoders couldn't handle such gapless albums but nowadays formats support restoring original track length and don't add any additional silence on track changes. If your lossy files are old I suggest re-encoding them from the CDs. Lossy codecs can also cause a glitch that sounds like 'click' on track change, when the codec can't store transition sample values accurately enough. It can be worked around by increasing bitrate or by using a dsp that changes the transition position to happen in digital silence.

Reply #3
damn i totally misread that. i was thinking of foo_skip. sorry...

Reply #4
I hate bumping all threads, but i'm looking for a plugin called "Skip Silence (alternate)". it worked a treat on my old laptop, but I can't find it anywhere to download. The built in silence skipper has never worked for me.

Reply #5
That component is located here.