Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: XLD Requested Features List (Read 202583 times) previous topic - next topic

XLD Requested Features List

Reply #200
Feature Suggestions

I'm missing very important feature. I can't understand how this could have been so completely ignored:

Handling of Pre-Emphasis (PRE flag)

XLD does not write this on CUE!
Incorrect handling of this flag produces similar effect like playback of Dolby B encoded cassette without decoding.

Reply #201
Minor UI tweak: how about a button to check/uncheck all tracks.

Reply #202
Hello

I have a suggestion to make:
I would like to have the possiblity to save the current setting as a profile.

Sometimes, I like to rip a CD and then I use special setting
Sometimes, I just convert and for this I use different settings again.

For this reason, I could save settings in a profile, it is very easy and fast to reload what I need or even access different profiles from a pulldown menu.

Does this sound reasonable?

Cheers, trex

By the way, this is the greatest Sound Conversion and Ripping Tool for the Mac. Just great

Reply #203
Hello

For this reason, I could save settings in a profile, it is very easy and fast to reload what I need or even access different profiles from a pulldown menu.

Cheers, trex

By the way, this is the greatest Sound Conversion and Ripping Tool for the Mac. Just great

Profiles. Excellent idea.

I'm writing the guy.

Reply #204
Hello

Cheers, trex

Profiles. Excellent idea.

I'm writing the guy.

I think profiles would make XLD a really unique tool (it is already).
If the guy does indeed profiles, I will send a nice donation

Cheers, trex

Reply #205
Hi,

I noticed that in the changelog for version 2003/03/30 support for the "ALBUM ARTIST" metadata for some formats was added, however this doesn't seem to be the case for FLAC -> ACC.

Is it possible that this could be added to the list of metatags that is created when converting to ACC?

Cheers

Reply #206
XLD rocks my world, and it would rock it even harder if:

- After ripping a CD in test & copy mode, it could display the CRCs and any mismatches for all tracks right at the top of the log, kind of like EAC does in its main window (instead of having to scroll through the entire log and visually scan each track summary for mismatches).

Thanks for the great work!
"Not sure what the question is, but the answer is probably no."

Reply #207
Hi...

How about adding albumartexchange.com as a source of artwork. Compared to amazon and google, the quality (and resolution) is much better. There would have to be some sort of selection policy (maybe a set preference) for which image should be chosen. Or just make it part of the album details selection pane?

XLD is excellent!!!

Reply #208
Hi, thanks for the great effort and commitment with the XLD development, is an excellent application for Mac.

I think it has been suggested before, but anyway: Add to XLD CD Rip log the peak level for each track (similar to EAC one).

And I have some questions:

- Why is not recommended to activate "Scan ReplayGain" option in XLD? (normalize?)

- Is there any official guide to rip with XLD?

Thanks in advance, regards

XLD rocks!!!

Reply #209
Add multiple output processes a la Max. I often have occasion to go to FLAC, ALAC, and AAC and love doing it in one fell swoop with Max. More, to be able to choose different output locations for these formats.

You can certainly select multiple output formats and then create separate directories for each format.

For multiple encodings in one rip pass:

Under the Preferences>General tab, see the format choices at "Output Format."
Select each of your desired formats, and set the options as you like them in turn. Then choose "Multiple Formats." Finally, click the "option" button and select each of the formats you'd like to create next time you rip.

For creating multiple directories in the above process:

Under the Preferences>General tab, choose the "format of file name>specify" button. Then, if you put the conversion format in the output file string (using %f) you can make separate directories for each format, and each directory will include the file type in its name. This has been available for many, many versions already.

Also, if you hover over the format box, a list of possible strings will appear as a tooltip (this behavior is pretty recent.)

Reply #210
Hi...

How about, if its possible, a "drive speed throttle"?

I guess many of us, including me, like/want our drives to go at top speed when ripping. But just ocassionaly I have found the possible benefit of lowering the drive speed. Mainly because of the noise and vibration.

I have an external drive and sometimes during ripping the thing sounds like it's about to take off!

Does anybody know the max usable speed through USB2? (Doing some quick math I guesstimate somewhere 20x or 22x. No? CD x1 = 150Kb, max USB2 thput ~ 30 MBs....)

???

Reply #211
Can we have the XLD time out or give up after a certain number of attempts to rip a track?

I have searched everywhere and posted this question in this forum and no answers anywhere.

When I use XLD it will ocassionally get stuck on a certain track while it is ripping an entire CD.  It will stay on that track attempting to rip it FOREVER.

The only way I can stop it is to go to the program and manually cancel that track.

This is somewhat difficult since I am running a Mac Mini as a music server and I do not have a keyboard or screen....

Skibum

Reply #212
Does anybody know the max usable speed through USB2? (Doing some quick math I guesstimate somewhere 20x or 22x. No? CD x1 = 150Kb, max USB2 thput ~ 30 MBs....)

Where do you get ~30 MB/s as the max USB 2.0 bus speed?  That's only 240 Mb/s - the max 2.0 bus speed is double that.

Although the ripping speed on my Mac mini never gets above ~18X or so as XLD encodes as it rips (and my mini is "only" a 1.66 GHz Core Duo), my WinXP laptop at work routinely hits ~42X (~60 Mb/s) on the last track of 70 min+ CDs with EAC ripping in burst mode to a temp WAV with a Lite-On USB 2.0 drive.
"Not sure what the question is, but the answer is probably no."

Reply #213
Can we have the XLD time out or give up after a certain number of attempts to rip a track?

I have searched everywhere and posted this question in this forum and no answers anywhere.

When I use XLD it will ocassionally get stuck on a certain track while it is ripping an entire CD.  It will stay on that track attempting to rip it FOREVER.

The only way I can stop it is to go to the program and manually cancel that track.

This is somewhat difficult since I am running a Mac Mini as a music server and I do not have a keyboard or screen....

Skibum

Have you tried going Preferences > CD Rip > Max retry count, and adjusting downward?

For myself, I use a hung up rip as an invitation to go to work on repairing the CD.

Reply #214

Skibum

Have you tried going Preferences > CD Rip > Max retry count, and adjusting downward?

For myself, I use a hung up rip as an invitation to go to work on repairing the CD.

I have it set to 1.  It seems to have no effect what so ever.

It was at 100.

I agree I do have some CD's that are not in the best shape.  But I guess that is not is not the issue.

I would think that if XLD can not rip a track because CD track is unreadable it will skip it and move on to the next one.

I use dbPoweramp on my PC. The tracks that get stuck indefinately using XLD on my MAC have problems
on dbpoweramp also, but after a set number of tries dbpoweramp moves on to the next track.

?

Thanks!

Skibum

Reply #215
I'm assuming the tracks that you are having trouble with, you would prefer to have some usable rip from, rather than simply skipping them.

From my experience, the biggest factors in how well a CD rips, are the state of the CD, and the drive used to rip with.
You could try using different drives, which would cost some money. Repairing the CD's, which can be nearly free, but takes a bit of time and effort.

You might also try using the "Use old CDparanoia engine" in XLD. It might be a long shot, but there have been cases where it has produced usable rips where the new engine hangs.

You might also want to try out Rip which has some fault tolerance built into it. I prefer XLD for other reasons, but you might find Rip suits you.

Reply #216
I'm assuming the tracks that you are having trouble with, you would prefer to have some usable rip from, rather than simply skipping them.

From my experience, the biggest factors in how well a CD rips, are the state of the CD, and the drive used to rip with.
You could try using different drives, which would cost some money. Repairing the CD's, which can be nearly free, but takes a bit of time and effort.

You might also try using the "Use old CDparanoia engine" in XLD. It might be a long shot, but there have been cases where it has produced usable rips where the new engine hangs.

You might also want to try out Rip which has some fault tolerance built into it. I prefer XLD for other reasons, but you might find Rip suits you.

Well yes, I would like some type of usable rip but my first preference is to not hang the computer indefinitely. 

Why is XLD not skipping a faulty track if I have set the number of retries to 1?  I will try using the old CDparanoia engine.

Is there any other settings I should look at?

If It has to skip a track that would be OK.  On the disks that happens I can try to rip them with dbPoweramp on my PC.

I tried Max to rip but preferred XLD.  I saw Rip but since it is still in Beta I didn't give it a try.  Maybe I will!

Thanks again -

skibum

Reply #217
Hi,
This is my first post here.  I'm liking XLD and plan on using it to import my cds to a hardrive as wavs.  I like the log file particularly for checking the track levels as I not a big fan of overly loud cds, especially some of the remasters of the oldies. 

I see in the new version that we can now see the ISRC codes.  Would any know what the command is to view those?  In fact, it would be nice to see what else is new in yesterday's update (May 16th).

Reply #218
Please add support for ReplayGain tags on Ogg Vorbis files using vorbisgain.

Reply #219
Assuming our illustrious developer is still tracking this thread... 
  • Additional vote for placing a summary of all of the AccurateRip results at the bottom of the log report in addition to underneath each track.  Even better would be to add a column to the Main window or Progress window with an 'AcurateRip' check mark for successful accurate rips and an 'x' if not.
  • Some documentation, onegai shimasu, even if very very basic and simple.  I believe this is key to supporting growth and increased usage of XLD beyond the current set of core users.  As a new user of XLD, and given the rapid pace of development, it is very difficult to know the pros/cons of the various options and how to configure XLD for a particular end result.  In my case this certainly makes me very apprehensive about using XLD in that I could rip all my CDs only to find a more appropriate configuration at a later date.  I want to use XLD but I need better feedback in how to use it correctly.
  • A way to drag and drop images if CDDB does not find one (perhaps this is implemented but a bug is preventing it from working on my system).

Domo Arigato

Reply #220
how add with GRACENOTE the tags? why??? the composer field are need it for me! and others dont fill composer tag! please help!

Reply #221
Is there any way to set in Apple Lossless settings the bit depth resample in order to make a file from 24 bit to 16 bit? iPod do not support 24 bit files.

Reply #222
Besides the time I could save having multiple profiles, I have found a couple of minor issues.

When reading from metadata, XLD uses the tag DISCTOTAL.
When reading from a cue sheet, XLD uses REM TOTALDISCS.
Not a huge deal, but I have both CD images and individual files and would like them to be consistent.

I have to set the compilation box manually when converting CD images using cue sheets. It would be nice if XLD would set the compilation flag when PERFORMER is Various Artists and each song has an additional PERFORMER listed.

I have this problem all the time and have found only one solution...I boot into windows and use EAC. Most of the discs that I have trouble ripping with XLD rip just fine using EAC.

Reply #223
Feature Suggestions

I'm missing very important feature. I can't understand how this could have been so completely ignored:

Handling of Pre-Emphasis (PRE flag)

XLD does not write this on CUE!
Incorrect handling of this flag produces similar effect like playback of Dolby B encoded cassette without decoding.

I would also be most gratious if this could be implemented.

Reply #224
- Add output MP3 (along with v0, v1, v2… presets) to command-line version, as well as being able to specify external JPEG album art.

I need a one stop solution in Mac OS X to batch convert CUE + FLAC to properly tagged MP3 (including album art). Anybody knows any? Even a bash script would do…

- Reports and Album art (when right-clicked and "saved as…") should have same name scheme as specified in Preferences > Name format.

I rip to flac + cue, with name format %a - %t (which results in Artist - Album title), but Reports and Album Art are just saved as Album title. Getting things organized require extra renaming work…