Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 commands causing "could not access profile folder" (Read 1883 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 commands causing "could not access profile folder"

Hi,
I'm running a portable installation of foobar2000 on Windows 7.
When sending foobar commands such as "foobar2000.exe /?" from a command prompt, the "could not access profile folder" message dialog pops up.
Can't make much sense of the processmon logs, should I be looking at events of the cmd.exe process or foobar2000.exe process?
Both foobar and the CMD are running w/ admin.

This used to work just fine, and I'm not sure what has changed.
If anyone has any ideas, it would be much appreciated.
Thanks a lot,
Roded

foobar2000 commands causing "could not access profile folder"

Reply #2
the problem here is trying to run foobar with admin priviledges which does not have permission to your own user folder. you might think an admin account has full access everywhere but it does not. admin accounts can give themselves full access to other people's folders but it's not enabled by default.

also, running foobar as admin simply is not necessary and i think it indicates a fair amount of ignorance on the part of anyone trying to do it.