Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 DeskBand Controls (Read 425732 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 DeskBand Controls

Reply #325
Heya,

First off thanks for the plugin/extension, just what i wanted.

Sadly, im failing to understand the 'unblock' part, i've re-downloaded the zip with Chrome IE FireFox Opera and Safari, none of those give me any preferences menu-option on rightclicking the download, let alone the option to unblock?
Could somebody please elaborate? is it maybe related to UAC? (thats already turned off here) or am i maybe supposed to get unblock option on the downloaded zip file right-click? (like, in windows explorer instead of browser) because if so, thats not showing up either

I extract the zip to my C:\ drive, and run the Register Deskband.cmd file, this is what it tells me, always;
Microsoft ® .NET Framework Assembly Registration Utility 4.0.30319.1
Copyright © Microsoft Corporation 1998-2004. Alle rechten voorbehouden.

RegAsm : error RA0000 : Kan bestand of assembly file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000\Foobar2000DeskbandControlsNET\Bin\Deskband.dll of een van de afhankelijkheden hiervan niet laden. Bewerking wordt niet ondersteund. (Uitzondering van HRESULT: 0x80131515)
Druk op een toets om door te gaan. . .

(Since i dont wanna assume your dutch or wanting to Google translate the above, its saying how it cant find the file Bin\Deskband.dll, followed by the error code it got/generated)
I should note that the above error mentions the Foobar2000DeskbandControlsNET directory being in the foobar2000 directory, ive tried to run it at the topmost level in C:\ and in system32, neither changed anything.

- Windows 7 Proffesional 64bit SP1
- Tried to download with latest version of all mayor browsers, no difference
- Got UAC disabled, still tried starting as admin, even tried compatibility (but that wouldnt work since theres no exe)
- My computer already had the Client .Net 4.0 stuff, but even so, tried to 'set up default settings' and even uninstall followed by re-install, no luck either
- I even let CCleaner clean the windows register (since thats apparently a common cause for the Deskband.dll error) but that didn't change things.

Any help highly appreciated!!!! Im very puzzled at where exactly im screwing up..

Reply #326
Heya,

First off thanks for the plugin/extension, just what i wanted.

Sadly, im failing to understand the 'unblock' part, i've re-downloaded the zip with Chrome IE FireFox Opera and Safari, none of those give me any preferences menu-option on rightclicking the download, let alone the option to unblock?
Could somebody please elaborate? is it maybe related to UAC? (thats already turned off here) or am i maybe supposed to get unblock option on the downloaded zip file right-click? (like, in windows explorer instead of browser) because if so, thats not showing up either

I extract the zip to my C:\ drive, and run the Register Deskband.cmd file, this is what it tells me, always;
Microsoft ® .NET Framework Assembly Registration Utility 4.0.30319.1
Copyright © Microsoft Corporation 1998-2004. Alle rechten voorbehouden.

RegAsm : error RA0000 : Kan bestand of assembly file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000\Foobar2000DeskbandControlsNET\Bin\Deskband.dll of een van de afhankelijkheden hiervan niet laden. Bewerking wordt niet ondersteund. (Uitzondering van HRESULT: 0x80131515)
Druk op een toets om door te gaan. . .

(Since i dont wanna assume your dutch or wanting to Google translate the above, its saying how it cant find the file Bin\Deskband.dll, followed by the error code it got/generated)
I should note that the above error mentions the Foobar2000DeskbandControlsNET directory being in the foobar2000 directory, ive tried to run it at the topmost level in C:\ and in system32, neither changed anything.

- Windows 7 Proffesional 64bit SP1
- Tried to download with latest version of all mayor browsers, no difference
- Got UAC disabled, still tried starting as admin, even tried compatibility (but that wouldnt work since theres no exe)
- My computer already had the Client .Net 4.0 stuff, but even so, tried to 'set up default settings' and even uninstall followed by re-install, no luck either
- I even let CCleaner clean the windows register (since thats apparently a common cause for the Deskband.dll error) but that didn't change things.

Any help highly appreciated!!!! Im very puzzled at where exactly im screwing up..

Right click the downloaded zip file.
Goto Properties in the menu.
Bottom right corner of the General tab will have an 'Unblock' option under the 'Advanced' button if it needs to be unblocked.

Reply #327

Right click the downloaded zip file.
Goto Properties in the menu.
Bottom right corner of the General tab will have an 'Unblock' option under the 'Advanced' button if it needs to be unblocked.

OMG im such a blind idiot  thanks a million!!
Works superbly, didn't have any other issues, and no configuration needed for it to work for the full 100%

Thanks

Reply #328
Cant seem to edit my last post, so sorry for the 'needless bump', but figured since the maker asks us to share our profiles, i should share the one i just fiddled together.

While not enabled on default, the 2 additional buttons are positioned too, if you want them just enable and move the ticker a bit.

Save the below code to a .js file in your %AppData%\DeskbandControls\Profiles directory and load it trough preferences.
Code: [Select]
{
  "General": {
    "BandSize": 250,
    "TextScrollSpeed": 300,
    "DrawControlsOutline": false,
    "HideIfNotPlaying": false,
    "HideIfFoobar2000IsNotRunning": false,
    "FloatingMode": false,
    "InternetSearchFormat": "$if(%artist%,%artist%' - ')%title%",
    "InternetSearchUrl": "https://www.google.com/search?q=%q%"
  },
  "FloatingWindow": {
    "Opacity": 1.0,
    "Color": "#FFFF1493",
    "X": 0,
    "Y": 0,
    "Width": 250,
    "Height": 31,
    "BackgroundImage": null,
    "UseBackgroundImage": false,
    "UseTransparencyKey": true,
    "StretchBackgroundImage": false
  },
  "TextBlocks": [
    {
      "Name": "Primary Text",
      "Format": "%artist% - %title% '('%playback_time%')')",
      "FontName": "Segoe UI",
      "FontSize": 8.0,
      "Italic": false,
      "Bold": false,
      "FontColor": "#FFFFFFFF",
      "X": 110,
      "Y": 10,
      "Width": 135,
      "Height": 16,
      "Scroll": true,
      "AlignToRight": true,
      "Visible": true,
      "StoppedText": "Not playing any song"
    }
  ],
  "Buttons": [
    {
      "Kind": 0,
      "X": 26,
      "Y": 7,
      "Width": 20,
      "Height": 20,
      "IconPath": null,
      "AdditionalIconPath": null,
      "ColorizeColor": "#FFFFFFFF"
    },
    {
      "Kind": 1,
      "X": 46,
    },
    {
      "Kind": 2,
      "X": 66,
    },
    {
      "Kind": 3,
      "X": 86,
    },
    {
      "Kind": 4,
      "X": 106,
      "Y": 5,
      "Visible": false,
    },
    {
      "Kind": 5,
      "X": 126,
    }
  ],
  "Trackbars": [
    {
      "Y": 32,
      "Width": 195,
      "Height": 5,
      "Color": "#FFFFFFFF",
      "Visible": true
    },
    {
      "X": 200,
      "Y": 32,
      "Width": 45,
      "Height": 5,
    }
  ],
  "AlbumArt": {
    "Width": 24,
    "Height": 24,
    "StubImagePath": null,
    "DoNotShowStubImage": false
  }
}

Reply #329
DeskBand Controls works fine for a few weeks but today after system restart, every time this window appears:

every restart the same error again. :/ 

Windows 7 64 bit

Reply #330
DeskBand Controls works fine for a few weeks but today after system restart, every time this window appears:

every restart the same error again. :/ 

Windows 7 64 bit

I don't think that this error is related to Deskband Controls, but to be sure, try to uninstall it and see if error still persists.

Reply #331
it is related to Deskband Controls. When i unregistered Deskband problem is gone. But i want to use DBC!

Reply #332
it is related to Deskband Controls. When i unregistered Deskband problem is gone. But i want to use DBC!

I have no idea what this error means, sorry. Never seen it before.
You can try to find some mentions about this error in System Event Log / Application section - look for explorer.exe errors. If there are some details there post them here and I will try to investigate.

Reply #333
Version 1.1

- Default button colorization color set to transparent (a bug when at first start buttons were black)
  - Fix a crush when using alpha channel in floating window background color. Use Opacity setting instead.
  - Fix text not drawing in WindowsXP
  + Album Art Preserve aspect ratio option
  + Added link to hydrogenaudio forum topic in foobar plugin about window
  + Hide trackbar borders option
  + Trackbars background color support

Download link is in the first post.

Reply #334
All of the text is invisible on a light colored taskbar. I have tried multiple text colors but seen no changes.
Here is an image and my config.

{
  "General": {
    "BandSize": 250,
    "TextScrollSpeed": 300,
    "DrawControlsOutline": false,
    "HideIfNotPlaying": false,
    "HideIfFoobar2000IsNotRunning": false,
    "FloatingMode": false,
    "InternetSearchFormat": "$if(%artist%,%artist%' - ')%title%",
    "InternetSearchUrl": "https://www.google.com/search?q=%q%"
  },
  "FloatingWindow": {
    "Opacity": 1.0,
    "X": 717,
    "Y": 690,
    "Width": 300,
    "Height": 25,
    "BackgroundImage": null,
    "UseBackgroundImage": false,
    "UseTransparencyKey": false,
    "StretchBackgroundImage": false
  },
  "TextBlocks": [
    {
      "Name": "Primary Text",
      "Format": "%artist% - %title% '('%playback_time%')')",
      "FontName": "Estrangelo Edessa",
      "FontSize": 9.0,
      "Italic": false,
      "Bold": false,
      "FontColor": "#FF00B2FF",
      "X": 100,
      "Width": 199,
      "Scroll": true,
      "AlignToRight": false,
      "StoppedText": "**Stopped**"
    }
  ],
  "Buttons": [
    {
      "X": 38,
      "Width": 16,
      "IconPath": "C:\\Documents and Settings\\Admin\\Application Data\\DeskbandControls\\Icons\\Stop.ico",
      "ColorizeColor": "#00000000"
    },
    {
      "X": 53,
      "IconPath": "C:\\Documents and Settings\\Admin\\Application Data\\DeskbandControls\\Icons\\Play.ico",
      "AdditionalIconPath": "C:\\Documents and Settings\\Admin\\Application Data\\DeskbandControls\\Icons\\Pause.ico",
    },
    {
      "Kind": 2,
      "X": 68,
      "IconPath": "C:\\Documents and Settings\\Admin\\Application Data\\DeskbandControls\\Icons\\Prev.ico",
    },
    {
      "Kind": 3,
      "X": 83,
      "IconPath": "C:\\Documents and Settings\\Admin\\Application Data\\DeskbandControls\\Icons\\Next.ico",
    },
    {
      "Kind": 5,
      "IconPath": "C:\\Documents and Settings\\Admin\\Application Data\\DeskbandControls\\Icons\\StopAfterCurrentOff.ico",
      "AdditionalIconPath": "C:\\Documents and Settings\\Admin\\Application Data\\DeskbandControls\\Icons\\StopAfterCurrentOn.ico",
    },
    {
      "Kind": 4,
      "IconPath": "C:\\Documents and Settings\\Admin\\Application Data\\DeskbandControls\\Icons\\Random.ico",
    }
  ],
  "Trackbars": [
    {
      "X": 40,
      "Y": 16,
      "Width": 203,
      "Height": 6,
      "Color": "#FF00B2FF",
    },
    {
      "X": 190,
      "Y": 20,
      "Width": 60,
      "Height": 6,
      "Color": "#FF00008B",
      "Visible": false
    }
  ],
  "AlbumArt": {
    "Width": 24,
    "Height": 24,
    "StubImagePath": null,
    "DoNotShowStubImage": false
  }
}

Reply #335
Hi kratos284!
Your issue was fixed, please re-download.

Reply #336
That fixed it. Thanks

Reply #337
Thank you for the Album Art aspect ratio option

Reply #338
Hi eldarian,

I just installed DeskBand on my Windows 8.1 PC, and it works fine, however whenever I right click and try to go Settings it comes up with this error message:

I noticed other people getting this error in the thread, but I am certain that I unblocked the .zip before installing it.

EDIT: I checked the .zip again, and the button to unblock the .zip had come back. However, no matter how many times I unblock it, when I re-open the properties dialogue it appears to be blocked again. How can I permanently unblock it?

Reply #339
EDIT: I checked the .zip again, and the button to unblock the .zip had come back. However, no matter how many times I unblock it, when I re-open the properties dialogue it appears to be blocked again. How can I permanently unblock it?

You have to uninstall it and phisically delete all related files and folders, then redownload, ublock and reinstall.

Reply #341
Thanks a lot for this awesome add-on! I joined only to thanks you sir eldarien!

(Double hosting)

I have almost everything default, except for the text block format to which I've added the Track No. here is the result:
[ #%tracknumber%] - %artist% - %title% '('%playback_time%')')

Reply #342
I love the new update!

[/li][li]I noticed that after hitting "Apply", the selection jumps to the first item in the list in the left panel.[/li][li]Any chance of getting vertical trackbars (volume bar, in particular)?[/li][/list]

Thanks for your work, it's amazing!

Reply #343
Hi,

I have version 1.1 and use it in the vertical toolbar on the right hand side of my screen.
Would it be possible to specify that a text block be split over x lines of text in the deskband rather than have it scrolling, which I find very distracting?
Or perhaps, have the text scroll only when the mouse is over the text block in question?

Thanks, Dan

Reply #344
I love the new update!
EDIT:Removed image
  • Is it possible to set an "A" (transparency) value for the background colors?  If not, no worries
  • I noticed that after hitting "Apply", the selection jumps to the first item in the list in the left panel.[/b]
  • Any chance of getting vertical trackbars (volume bar, in particular)?

Wow dude.. That's a fantastic DeskbarUI! Do you have a sort of configuration file with all the settings?
Thanks in advance!;)
I also quote the little "side-panel" bug that appears after clicking apply, it happens to me too!;)

Reply #345
1. Is it possible to set an "A" (transparency) value for the background colors? If not, no worries
2. I noticed that after hitting "Apply", the selection jumps to the first item in the list in the left panel.
3. Any chance of getting vertical trackbars (volume bar, in particular)?

1 - Background transparency is a big problem on aero, I've tried..
2 - Yes, that is because it reloads new settings, this is expected behavior. Will look at it though.
3 - Yes, when I will have time.

Would it be possible to specify that a text block be split over x lines of text in the deskband rather than have it scrolling

Yes, you can use $char(13) to split lines, but don't forget to set text block height accordingly. Anything from foobar2000 title formatting scripts should work.

Reply #346
I love the new update!
  • Is it possible to set an "A" (transparency) value for the background colors?  If not, no worries
  • I noticed that after hitting "Apply", the selection jumps to the first item in the list in the left panel.[/b]

Wow dude.. That's a fantastic DeskbarUI! Do you have a sort of configuration file with all the settings?
Thanks in advance!;)
I also quote the little "side-panel" bug that appears after clicking apply, it happens to me too!;)

Sure, here: http://pastebin.com/XU5Niv3C

1. Is it possible to set an "A" (transparency) value for the background colors? If not, no worries
2. I noticed that after hitting "Apply", the selection jumps to the first item in the list in the left panel.

2 - Yes, that is because it reloads new settings, this is expected behavior. Will look at it though.

Would it be possible to specify that a text block be split over x lines of text in the deskband rather than have it scrolling

Yes, you can use $char(13) to split lines, but don't forget to set text block height accordingly. Anything from foobar2000 title formatting scripts should work.

Thanks, eldarien, I appreciate all your work.  This already-fantastic component just keeps getting better

Reply #347
I love the new update!

Thanks in advance!;)

Sure, here: http://pastebin.com/XU5Niv3C

Thanks, eldarien, I appreciate all your work.  This already-fantastic component just keeps getting better

Thanks, I like your configuration too. But I have to ask you something, I'm a sort of retard configuring the plugin. Can you change your settings so the buttons will shown in the left side of the tittle and upload it to pastebin?

Sorry my bad english.

Reply #348
This is really annoying. When editing settings, lets say I'm editing Volume under the 'Trackbars' tab. And I finish editing a value and hit apply, it automatically selects
'Position', so if I try to edit a value again I end up changing the wrong thing. Please fix this its really annoying when trying to edit the settings.

And thanks for this awesome plugin btw.

Reply #349
I love the new update!

<Removed Image>

• I noticed that after hitting "Apply", the selection jumps to the first item in the list in the left panel.

I liked your setup so much I changed it to a more compact version to fit my small taskbar ;D

http://pastebin.com/PDb6v25J

With seperate Artist/Album:
http://pastebin.com/c0LiveBB