Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Random Playback Hot key Stopped Working (Read 990 times) previous topic - next topic

Random Playback Hot key Stopped Working

I have always used ` as my "random" (playback) global hot key. In case you're not sure which button that is, it's the little squiggly line next to the number 1 above qwerty. I use it with no qualifers or controls (meaning shift, ctrl, alt, etc). It's just that button by itself is my random key. Recently it stopped working and for the life of me I can't figure out why. I've tried disabling all other running programs, reinstalling Foobar and resetting the settings and going through all that again from a fresh start. Now, the hot key works if Foobar is the active window. But it refuses to work globally. When I press the button (with foobar not the active window), I get the audio sound found at C:\Windows\Media\Windows Ding.wav

Also, it's worth mention that the hot key for library search is ctrl+` (global), works just fine. I tried removing that hot key to see if random would work again and it didn't.
Also worth mentioning, I'm using a laptop with an external keyboard plugged in via USB.

I am using Foobar 1.3.2 (just upgraded from 1.1.9 with the same problem)

The button works, but Foobar cannot have it as a global hot key anymore, yet it's been working fine up until now. Can someone help me get it back, please?

Thanks,
Text

Random Playback Hot key Stopped Working

Reply #1
I figured it out.
Apparently the program Zemana AntiLogger (free version), specifically the keyboard protection, interferes with Foobar2000 for this one specific hot key (don't know why). I forgot it was running. But it doesn't seem to interfere with any other hot keys that I'm aware of, since I have only tried a half dozen of them - most of them being media keys.