Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Trying to convert WMA lossless to MP3 I get the following error? (Read 4579 times) previous topic - next topic

Trying to convert WMA lossless to MP3 I get the following error?

Help, I tried to convert to MP3 and others and it says "the file 'G:\My Music\Alan Jackson\Drive\01 Drive (For Daddy Gene).wma' is encrypted which dMC is not able to decode."

What do I do now?

Reply #1
rip again but not to WMA this time

Reply #2
Answered in another thread.  You had "Copy protect music" set when ripping, by accident.  That locks your content.  So yes, rip again...

Reply #3
rip againt.if you don't finish ,you will change tools.I remembered that anyone talk about imto wma mp3 converter, it can free for trial.as if its site is www.imtoo.com .

Reply #4
Unfortunately that stupid "Copy Protect Music" setting in WMP means you cannot convert or do anything useful with those WMA files that you have ripped.

Fairy

Reply #5
rip againt.if you don't finish ,you will change tools.I remembered that anyone talk about imto wma mp3 converter, it can free for trial.as if its site is www.imtoo.com .

yes,imtoo software does a good work:)

Reply #6

it actually TRANSCODES the files, from WMA to MP3, which is really bad.

Reply #7

Does it work with DRMed files?  Because otherwise its not really useful.