Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Enable Folder Context Menus - Windows 7 (Read 6698 times) previous topic - next topic

Enable Folder Context Menus - Windows 7

Hello,

I used foobar on my laptop with XP and the Folder Context Menus have worked fine when enabled.  However, in Windows 7, when I enable Folder Context Menus, all folders ARE ABLE to be played in foobar EXCEPT for the folders in the default music library.  For some reason it seems like these folders are special and do not have the option available even after enabling it in foobar.

Is there a way to fix this or does it just not work within the music library folder?  here's the path i'm talking about C:\Users\ices\Music\Coheed & Cambria

This folder does NOT have the option to be played in foobar.  However, if it were on my desktop, the option is there.

Please help.

Thank you,
ices

Reply #1
Go to Control Panel, then Default Programs, then Set Program Access and Computer Defaults.  Under Custom, Choose A Default Media Player, UNCHECK Windows Media Player.  Also, make sure you have Foobar as the default player.  That solved the problem for me.

Reply #2
See also [a href='index.php?showtopic=73781']this topic[/a].
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

Reply #3
I think I managed by going to registry and DELETING "legacy Disable" from directory and folder menu

: [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\foobar2000.enqueue]
@="Enqueue in foobar2000"
"LegacyDisable"=

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\folder\shell\foobar2000.play]
@="Play in foobar2000"
"LegacyDisable"=""

but now I have double context sometimes

Reply #4
I know I'm a bit late but it's still happening, so... I think I found the easiest way to fix it:

Right click My Music folder > Properties > Customize tab > In "What kind of folder do you want? Select "General Items"

It works here.