Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CUETools versions 1.9.5 through 2.1.6 (Read 1889341 times) previous topic - next topic

CUETools versions 1.9.5 through 2.1.5 (current)

Reply #2350
Can you play around with tags on those files? For example, removing CDTOC tags, etc.

I have not systematically gone through to figure out exactly what tags may be causing the problems. However, as long as I edit the tags with dBpoweramp and put the padding on both tracks and disc numbers, things seem to be working.

For some reason, CT is no longer copying the track # tags at all, track # or track total.

Reply #2351
in particular regarding the read offset identification before the beginning of the "verify" process.

There's currently only one reason for verify process to care about offset, and that is for ARv2 verification. ARv1 and CTDB verification does not need to know anything about the offset.

The only idea i had about cross-pressing ARv2 verification was a two-pass process - one pass to figure out the offsets, one pass to calculate ARv2 CRCs for each offset found in pass one.

In one-pass mode we can use offset from the log, but there might be better ways to do this. AR has a special offset correction CRC for one sector for each track, specifically for that purpose. I haven't been really using it up until now.
CUETools 2.1.6

Reply #2352
Need help with newest version (2.1.5)
When I'm trying to convert file with FLACCL encoder, I get this message: "Exception: Build failed with error code BUILD_PROGRAM_FAILURE"
When I'm converting using libFLAC everything is fine. On previous version (2.1.4) FLACCL worked just fine.
What's the matter?

I have the same problem with my 8600GT, it works on a previous beta of 2.1.5 (downloaded in May) and on 2.1.4.  I get the same error message with no further detail.

EDIT: I updated to the latest nVidia drivers, but this made no difference.

Got the same error with my 8800GTX today: http://i.imgur.com/dU1bk0B.png (CUETools 2.1.5, archive dated July 5th)

The "Device"-line says OpenCL 1.1, but according to nVidia-docs, my card is well below the necessary specs for 1.1 (Compute Capability >=2.0), according to this post at the nvidia-forum and this nvidia-doc. If I read this document correctly, pretty much everything below 4xx doesn't support 1.1.

Reply #2353
As a follow-up:
On a laptop with a 310M (also not OpenCL1.1-compatible, Compute Capability (CC) 1.2), the program is encoding fine. The CC-level of the 8800GTX is 1.0.
The program "GPU Caps Viewer" shows the supported OpenCL- and CC-level.

Reply #2354
in particular regarding the read offset identification before the beginning of the "verify" process.

There's currently only one reason for verify process to care about offset, and that is for ARv2 verification. ARv1 and CTDB verification does not need to know anything about the offset.

The only idea i had about cross-pressing ARv2 verification was a two-pass process - one pass to figure out the offsets, one pass to calculate ARv2 CRCs for each offset found in pass one.

In one-pass mode we can use offset from the log, but there might be better ways to do this. AR has a special offset correction CRC for one sector for each track, specifically for that purpose. I haven't been really using it up until now.

This is intriguing, thanks for having shared your thoughts!

Reply #2355
Hi, is there a way to totally disable AccurateRip system?  I know that may sound like a strange request, but let me explain.

I use CueRipper because it's a really good ripping program, but I don't care too much about accurate ripping, having it take 30 minutes to rip a disk and have it complain about not finding a match is a major hassle to me.

I just want it to rip like other programs do, blind and not care.  I know the primary focus of CueTools is accurate ripping, and I know people here are very passionate about this, and that's all fine, but it would be nice to have the tool work in a less anal way.

Reply #2356
Disabling Accuraterip will not increase ripping speed.
If you need speed - use Burst mode.

Reply #2357
I want to report a possible bug of the 2.1.4 version (I just tested the 2.1.5 version, and it seems to be bugged to).

Some days ago I used the offset correction function, but now this option seems to be suddenly grayed out as you can see here:

http://pasteboard.co/1jbvkCCl.png

This is not happening on my XP SP3 machine, instead the bug occurs on a Windows 7 Pro Edition x64 notebook.

Reply #2358
Hi, and thanks (again) for CueTools. A treat.

I'm wondering if there's been any improvement regarding Wavpack Hybrid (.wv+.wvc) with CueTools 2.x.
If I remember correctly, the developer mentioned how it was not implemented (implementable?) due to a lack of support for two files being generated simultaneously. However could not locate that message - not sure if it was on this very forum either.

Worst case solution, thanks to the last update of Wavpack it is now possible to do direct WV to WV+WVC conversion, following initial conversion/rip to plain WV. But it means: twice the time, twice the CPU usage & heat, twice the electric bill... 

Reply #2359
Some days ago I used the offset correction function, but now this option seems to be suddenly grayed out
This is not happening on my XP SP3 machine, instead the bug occurs on a Windows 7 Pro Edition x64 notebook.

Did you change the Windows screen text size since you last used it? CUETools has been reported to have a problem when changing screen text size in Windows 7 x64. Mine looks similar to this bug report when screen text is re-sized to Medium - 125%.

I'm wondering if there's been any improvement regarding Wavpack Hybrid (.wv+.wvc) with CueTools 2.x.

See [a href='index.php?act=findpost&pid=822762']this post[/a] and [a href='index.php?act=findpost&pid=822785']my reply[/a]. Parameters can also be written -hb%Mxcm - %O
korth

Reply #2360
I’m not an expert on file I/O and have precious little patience for it in my own programming, but I can’t imagine why it would be a problem that the encoder writes two files concurrently. Doesn’t CUETools just have to pass the uncompressed stream to the encoder and forget about it? If not, I’d be interested in an explanation.

Reply #2361
Some days ago I used the offset correction function, but now this option seems to be suddenly grayed out

Did you change the Windows screen text size since you last used it? CUETools has been reported to have a problem when changing screen text size in Windows 7 x64. Mine looks similar to this bug report when screen text is re-sized to Medium - 125%.

Yes I've the same problem, unfortunately I must set the windows zoom to 138% because I'm using a full HD monitor, and I noticed that I can't resize the window because it appears to be locked. Hopefully this annoying bug will be fixed .

Reply #2362
Thanks korth. Had completely overlooked your kind reply  better late than sorry

edit: nope, still hangs (at 0%, with wavpack.exe process at 0% CPU, have to kill it manually)

edit2: same issue with or without hybrid switches: wavpack.exe hanging at 0%. Tested with CT 2.1.4 and 2.1.5. (No issue at all with internal libwavpack, so my Cuetools install seems ok)

Reply #2363
Just tested on xp64 and win7x64 with latest 2.1.5 and wavpack 4.60.1
using -hb%Mxcm - %O with 320 selected on slider.
image+embedded, image+cue and tracks all encoded fine .wv+.wvc

There is a problem with the same track artist being used on all tracks in the embedded cue but that's another matter and does the same using libwavpack.
korth

Reply #2364
Edit: Latest CUETools 2.1.5
Not sure how to explain the embedded cue/tag problem. I'm pretty sure I read something similar somewhere else but I can't find that post. Tested on flac, wv, & ape. ALBUM ARTIST tag is Various Artists and though the embedded cue appears to be correct, foobar2000 displays the same track artist (the one for track 1) for all remaining tracks.

Embedded cue

REM DISCID 8C0ADD0C
PERFORMER "Various Artists"
TITLE "Footloose"
CATALOG 0075678825477
REM DATE 2011
REM GENRE "Soundtrack"
REM COMMENT "CUERipper v2.1.4 Copyright © 2008-12 Grigory Chudov"
FILE "Various Artists - Footloose.flac" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    PERFORMER "Blake Shelton"
    TITLE "Footloose"
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    PERFORMER "Zac Brown"
    TITLE "Where the River Goes"
    INDEX 01 03:39:52
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    PERFORMER "Lissie"
    TITLE "Little Lovin'"
    INDEX 01 07:19:02
  TRACK 04 AUDIO
    PERFORMER "Ella Mae Bowen"
    TITLE "Holding Out for a Hero"
    INDEX 01 11:49:26
  TRACK 05 AUDIO
    PERFORMER "Jana Kramer"
    TITLE "Let's Hear It for the Boy"
    INDEX 01 17:11:08

foobar2000 Embedded Cue Sheet Editor shows

REM GENRE Soundtrack
REM DATE 2011
REM DISCID 8C0ADD0C
REM COMMENT CUERipper v2.1.4 Copyright © 2008-12 Grigory Chudov
CATALOG 0075678825477
PERFORMER "Various Artists"
TITLE "Footloose"
FILE "Various Artists - Footloose.flac" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "Footloose"
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    TITLE "Where the River Goes"
    INDEX 01 03:39:52
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    TITLE "Little Lovin'"
    INDEX 01 07:19:02
  TRACK 04 AUDIO
    TITLE "Holding Out for a Hero"
    INDEX 01 11:49:26
  TRACK 05 AUDIO
    TITLE "Let's Hear It for the Boy"
    INDEX 01 17:11:08

Because much of the flac header can be read as text I can see that an Artist tag is being added to the file along with the embedded cue.

...CUE_TRACK08_CTDBTRACKCONFIDENCE=14/14%...CUE_TRACK09_CTDBTRACKCONFIDENCE=14/14%...CUE_TRACK10_CTDBTRACKCONFIDENCE=14/14%...CUE_TRACK11_CTDBTRACKCONFIDENCE=14/14%...CUE_TRACK12_CTDBTRACKCONFIDENCE=14/14....ALBUM=Footloose....ALBUMARTIST=Various Artists....GENRE=Soundtrack....DATE=2011=...COMMENT=CUERipper v2.1.4 Copyright © 2008-12 Grigory Chudov....ARTIST=Blake Shelton..

which is probably why foobar2000 is picking up Blake Shelton as the Artist for all tracks.
korth

Reply #2365
Just tested on xp64 and win7x64 with latest 2.1.5 and wavpack 4.60.1
using -hb%Mxcm - %O with 320 selected on slider.
image+embedded, image+cue and tracks all encoded fine .wv+.wvc

There is a problem with the same track artist being used on all tracks in the embedded cue but that's another matter and does the same using libwavpack.

Tested on W8x64 with CUETools 2.1.5 and Wavpack 4.60.1, using the settings you mention: it works for Image+Cue and for Tracks, but not for Image+Embedded (hanging forever at 0%).
Have to reinstall my system today (new hardware incoming), will report if it works any better on a fresh install...

(Also confirming the bug you describe with the "Various Artists" files, whereby the many different track artists all get replaced by the Artist for track 1. Removing the "ARTIST" tag with metaflac for these Various Artists albums fixes the issue. Very annoying, it messed up many of my carefully-tagged rips for I noticed the issue too late, after processing files through Foobar's RG scanner - which screwed them definitively...)

Reply #2366
HDCD detection seems to be broken in CUETools 2.1.5. Enabling detection and 24bit-encoding, any input is 24bit-encoded, even if it is no HDCD.

Two years ago, someone stated the following in another forum: "... The 2.1.1 release of CUETools broke the HDCD detection. 2.1.2 was just recently released and I haven't yet tried it to see if it fixed the HDCD detection. I've been staying at 2.0.9 for now. ..." Is this feature actually broken for two years now and will it ever be fixed?

Reply #2367
I think it has always been so. You always have to start with 24-bit file, because HDCD markers don't have to kick in from the first frame, and they often don't. I could abort the encoding if no HDCD markers were detected after say 10 seconds i guess.
CUETools 2.1.6

Reply #2368
I think it has always been so. You always have to start with 24-bit file, because HDCD markers don't have to kick in from the first frame, and they often don't. I could abort the encoding if no HDCD markers were detected after say 10 seconds i guess.

Thanks for the quick reply! I'd expect such an option to analyze the complete input first and then encode it with 16 bit (if no HDCD-encoded data was found) or with 24 bit (if HDCD-encoded data was found). Also, if all the input is always encoded 24 bit, how can I find out if the input was actually HDCD-encoded or not? I haven't found anything in the logs regarding this. Unfortunately the same goes for CUERipper: Even with setting "Detailed log" to "True", it nowhere tells me if an ripped CD was an HDCD.

In general it would be nice to have a "detect HDCD" option in CUERipper as well as in CUETools, with corresponding entries in the log files, if any HDCD data was found.

Reply #2369
sorry to bother you guys again. maybe a picture will help describe the problem im having.

a fresh copy with the settings file not even existing gives me these settings. almost all of the encoders and decoders are missing.

is there anything i can try to remedy this? ill take any crazy ideas. anything. please help!

Reply #2370
Are you running it from a network share or something like that?
CUETools 2.1.6

Reply #2371
nope. this one right here was running from my local desktop folder.

Reply #2372
I wonder if this is could be a damaged Windows user profile. Have you tried running it as a portable app? (Delete user_profiles_enabled from CUETools folder. Make sure CUETools folder isn't in Program Files folder.)
korth

Reply #2373
Or maybe you unzipped it without subfolders. CUETools looks for it's codec plugins in "Plugins" and "Plugins (x64)" subdirectories.
CUETools 2.1.6

Reply #2374
nope and nope. tried it portable, and also have the folders intact.