Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: General Errors when encoding (Read 2843 times) previous topic - next topic

General Errors when encoding

I'm using Lame 3.97b2 with All2Lame 1.9.1, when I encode an mp3 I get this error:

http://www.jawadshafiq.com/All2lameerror.jpg

As u can see, it says General errors: 1

This is the tag configuration i'm using in All2Lame:

http://www.jawadshafiq.com/tagsetting.jpg

Whats up with that ??? whats causing this error ?? I've also noticed that, All2Lame gives this error only when I use tagging.

Reply #1
For Tag to be able to guess tag fields from the filename, at least one field must be present in the filename. You need to re-rip the CD with the CD/track data retrieved from freedb; or better yet, do it manually in fb2k with its freedb and Masstagger functions.

Reply #2
For Tag to be able to guess tag fields from the filename, at least one field must be present in the filename. You need to re-rip the CD with the CD/track data retrieved from freedb; or better yet, do it manually in fb2k with its freedb and Masstagger functions.

O.k. so that means that in the tag configuration I can select "Custom file name scheme:" and leave it empty ??? or select "Copy tags from source files" even though the wave file dosn't have any tag.... ??? right ??

Reply #3
Neither. You need to re-rip the tracks first.

With your current ripping settings, the tracks's filenames don't any info in them for Tag to guess. Retrieve the CD/track info from freedb in EAC, than set Naming scheme under EAC Options/Filename to (for example): %A (%Y) %C\%N_%T_%Y (single artist) and %C (%Y)\%N_%A_%T_%Y (various artists). Proceed to set up Tag with custom filename scheme A (Y) L\N_T_Y (or L (Y)\N_A_T_Y for various artists).

The above schemes are just for an example, you can set up your own using the hover tips in EAC and All2Lame as reference. The bottom line is that you cannot have your files tagged automatically, if they are ripped as "Track01.wav".