IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 Development Forum Rules

This forum is for developer discussions only. If you have a problem / bug report / idea / feature request that isn't related to foobar2000 SDK, post it in an appropiate forum instead - tech support questions go to support forum, everything else goes to general forum.
All non-developer posts on this forum will be removed. Continued abuse of this forum will result in admin actions (warnings, account suspension).

Reply to this topicStart new topic
meta_db_io Callback Registration
Ambit
post Jan 2 2012, 05:09
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 96092

I'm wondering what exactly I have to do to register for callbacks when meta_db entries are modified.

Right now I am doing my testing by modifying the foo_tutorial1 plugin. Based off of how the menu entry is registered and how I saw things being done in foo_httpcontrol, in foo_tutorial1.cpp I added

CODE
class metadb_io_callback_tutorial1 : public metadb_io_callback_dynamic_impl_base
{
    virtual void on_change_sorted(const pfc::list_base_const_t<metadb_handle_ptr>& p_items_sorted, bool p_fromhook)
    {
        SharedVars::num_callbacks++;
    }
};

static metadb_io_callback_tutorial1 mdb_callback;
static service_ptr_t<metadb_io_v3> mdb_io;

and in on_init() I added:
CODE
mdb_io->register_callback(&mdb_callback);

This code all compiles just fine, but when I try to run Foobar with the plugin I get this error:
Failed to load DLL: foo_tutorial1.dll
Reason: Invalid access to memory location.

And, even though it says it didn't load the DLL, Foobar crashes when I close it.

This post has been edited by Ambit: Jan 2 2012, 05:10
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
kode54
post Jan 2 2012, 06:27
Post #2

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4082

You probably want to use static_api_ptr_t<metadb_io_v3> to access that service. Oh, and I don't know if you can get away with using a static instance of the callback, that may or may not work.
+Quote Post
Ambit
post Jan 2 2012, 16:56
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 96092

QUOTE (kode54 @ Jan 2 2012, 00:27) *
You probably want to use static_api_ptr_t<metadb_io_v3> to access that service. Oh, and I don't know if you can get away with using a static instance of the callback, that may or may not work.

I made those changes and moved the static_api_ptr_t line inside the oninit function and it is no longer crashing. However, I am not getting callbacks for the events I expected. Since the metadb_handle has a format title function, I thought I would be getting notified whenever a tag updates. Is there a way to get a callback for that or will I have to make a thread that continuously calls format_title on every item in the library until the result changes?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 04:07