Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: TransPCM—use Float16/24 to reduce bit-depth, also promotes compression (Read 45447 times) previous topic - next topic

TransPCM—use Float16/24 to reduce bit-depth, also promotes compression

Reply #50
The use of --stdinname %d is to tell the program what filename to associate with the data taken from STDIN.

Error 50 (0x32) denotes that the string "tpout.wav" cannot be found in %d (i.e. all output files are expected to end "tpout.wav" - although this *should* have been documented....

The "/d /c" before "C:\.....\TransPCM" are parameters for cmd.exe which is called by foobar2000 to carry out the conversion.

I hope that this helps.
lossyWAV -q X -a 4 -s h -A --feedback 2 --limit 15848 --scale 0.5 | FLAC -5 -e -p -b 512 -P=4096 -S- (having set foobar to output 24-bit PCM; scaling by 0.5 gives the ANS headroom to work)

Reply #51
Rockbox now has added Float16 compatibility* - thanks saratoga!

Will have to get to work on an HDCD type decoding DSP for foobar2000 / Rockbox to allow incorrectly stored Float16 (i.e. as 16-bit integer) audio in FLAC, WavPack, etc to be correctly identified and converted.

*: in a WAV file.
lossyWAV -q X -a 4 -s h -A --feedback 2 --limit 15848 --scale 0.5 | FLAC -5 -e -p -b 512 -P=4096 -S- (having set foobar to output 24-bit PCM; scaling by 0.5 gives the ANS headroom to work)

Reply #52
No problem. Hope its useful to people.

Reply #53
TransPCM beta 0.1.3a attached to post #1 in this thread.