Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Not My Release] Library Tree (Read 128345 times) previous topic - next topic

[Not My Release] Library Tree

Reply #175
You can use multivalue field: i.e. I use genre and style, both set in multivalue fields in advanced preferences, then use: %<genre>%\%<style>%

in your example:

genre = Rock; Jazz
style = Jazz-rock Fusion

This seems to create a new level alongside jazz and rock called "Rock; Jazz" with Jazz-rock fusion under it rather than placing it under Rock and Jazz.

Reply #176
it works well for a long time, try harder
look additionally here i.e.: http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...25.3Cname.3E.25

correct your tags accordingly, as this is one of the purposes of multivalue tags

and I assume you have splitted your tags (right-click in properties and select "split values") after adding them as multivalue fields in advanced preferences

Reply #177
Oh right! Splitting them did it! Thanks

Reply #178
%artist% IS $nowplaying{%artist%} AND %rating% GREATER 1

Although this filter seems to work properly, upon loading foobar2000, I receive the following notification in the console when I use that filter: Library Tree : filter error. What's wrong with it and how can I fix it?

Could you try to use double-quotation like "%artist%" IS "$nowplaying{%artist%}" AND %rating% GREATER 1

Reply #179
some issues:

- it seems that undo/redo isn't working correctly with library tree: it's either gray when using auto-send or it behaves wrongly - like if I press undo it undos something else than previous playlist contents
- when you directly right click on a node, the node isn't selected thou context menu is reflecting it
- strange issue that I can't replicate if I try but if happens from time to time and I think it has something to do with drag&drop: library tree freezes although other foobar panels works fine (even I can switch tabs and library tree is in one of the tabs) and it stays that way for some time - sometimes very long and sometimes couple of seconds, and once or twice foobar crashed in this state and I submitted the crash. I think that I used drag&drop before something like this occurs

Reply #180
Could you try to use double-quotation like "%artist%" IS "$nowplaying{%artist%}" AND %rating% GREATER 1

Thank you. Putting double-quotation marks around every tag field reference in the query solved the problem: "%artist%" IS "$nowplaying{%artist%}" AND "%rating%" GREATER 1

Reply #181
where is the information stored, if the user has activated or inactivated the search field?

It seems it is not playlist_tree.dll.cfg because when I import this file from another setup the search field is active at startup, no matter what it was on the other setup...

Reply #182
i'm guessing that'll be in columns UI cfg file. it's a per panel setting....

Reply #183
hmm, don´t think so, I co-imported the columns cfg too... (together with a complete pack of config files containing also panel stack splitter cfg)

edit: addition

Reply #184
i've turned my guess into a confirmation. it works for me. i've tried with the search bar on and off and it remembers my setting. (i've tested by coping my config to a portable install)

Reply #185
 that´s really strange, did the same thing and it does not work for me.

I made a new portable install, started it once, copied all config files to the configuration folder, copied all components, copied all needed image files. Starting foobar, everything is a clone of my config exept this search bar (and btw the settings for a hidden statusbar and toolbar)

where´s the difference? You are using PSS, too (though, I also copied the config file for PSS)?

Reply #186
Problem solved. The component of library tree from the source config was older than the one in the destination config, so the newer one did not read the config right.

And, yes you are right, it is saved in foo_ui_columns.dll.cfg. Thanks for your help!

Reply #187
just so you know, the PSS .cfg file only stores persistent global variables. all panel layout/settings/scripts are stored in the columns UI .cfg

Reply #188
ok, thanks, always wondered, what´s left to save for PSS after most things go to columnsUI...

Reply #189
0.4.4. released

Delete View Fixed a crash in case. (v0.3.4.4)

Reply #190
whenever i create a new view that goes deeper than a single node, everything gets sorted in reverse alphabetical order.

$swapprefix(%album artist%) starts the list with A
$swapprefix(%album artist%) | %album% starts the list with Z

but the final node in each view is always sorted properly.

how can i fix this?

Reply #191
$swapprefix(%album artist%)\%album% works for me.

Quote from foo_uie_library_tree.txt:

"You can specify how to split nodes by using "\" and "|".
The previous nodes to "\" are sorted with ascending order.
The other side, the pevious nodes to "|" are sorted with decending order."

Reply #192
yes that sorted it for me. very strange...

thanks!

Reply #193
@ssenna: Can you please extend interaction with Active playlist nodes?

- sending to playlist actions are not available
- double clicking doesn't do anything (except if last item node is double-clicked it starts playing, and if that node isn't track it plays some random track, strange): maybe it could select filtered tracks in active playlist
+ what we have right now is that we can use drag&drop, but: we can't use d&d outside active playlist if Playlists branch isn't visible - component panel doesn't auto-scroll if we reach screen edges, or if it isn't expanded - dropping on Playlist branch doesn't auto-expand it nodes

Reply #194
is it possible to make conditional nodes in Library Tree?

i tried the following to only show disc # nodes if a disc number is present, but it doesn't work...

Code: [Select]
$swapprefix(%<album artist>%) \ %release type% \ '['%date%'] '%album% [\ %disc number%[: %disc name%]]

Reply #195
are your files really tagged with "%disc number%"? (normally it doesn't contain a space)

Reply #196
Thanks for this component! Would it be possible to create the option to have a different font color depending on the tree level or the view format?

Reply #197
ssenna, can views related to $nowplaying() be under their own root node?
If user has many filters related to nowplaying item, main Library tree is inaccessible until all $nowplaying() filters are processed

Reply #198
Hey ssenna, are you still developing this? If so, I'd like to request an option to keep the trees expanded / remember old positions. Also to a lesser extent, option to remove the Windows visual style border from selected item.

Thanks! Loving your components.

Reply #199
Sorry can't edit previous post. Another request: item counts for (auto)playlists.