Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.

Poll

http://www.1-day.co.nz/products/TIPCKN03S

Yes
[ 1 ] (25%)
No
[ 2 ] (50%)
Yes, but you might want to upgrade as the sound quality won't be great...
[ 1 ] (25%)
[ 0 ] (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Topic: Digitech 3 speed turntable (Read 6362 times) previous topic - next topic

Digitech 3 speed turntable

Has anyone used this turntable before?
http://www.1-day.co.nz/products/TIPCKN03S
I'm new to vinyl, so I really only need something entry level, but I want decent sound quality...
And something that doesn't damage my records would be good, obviously 
I'm 15, so my budget isn't that big

It'll only be there for an hour, so It may be gone before anyone gets to answer :/ (but I'm still interested in an answer anyway)

P.S. It's in New Zealand Dollars, if the price seems odd.

Thanks in advance!

Reply #1
I don't know anything about that turntable, but one good thing is that it has a magnetic cartridge.  (Ceramic or crystal cartridges are generally very-low quality.)

One of your members has a website, Knowzy.com[/u], and he (or she) has evaluated several USB turntables.  He doesn't seem to have a review of the Digitech, but you might find some interesting information.

It is very low cost (That's less than $40 Obama dollars  ) I wouldn't expect it to damage your records.  But, Records do get worn & damaged.

I'm 15, so my budget isn't that big.
  This is probably a good "starter" turntable for you.  If you don't have much experience with vinyl, it would be a shame for you to spend $500 only to find out that your cheap CD player or MP3 player sounds better!  On the other hand, if it turns out that you like the sound of vinyl, you can upgrade sometime in the future.

I'm older than you, and I grew up on vinyl.  The "snap", "crackle", and "pop" always drove me nuts, and even though I tried to take care of my records, they would always "develop" more noise over time.  And, I was always upgrading (or wanting to upgrade) my turntable or cartridge, and I was always looking for the rare "good sounding" record.    I was very happy when I got my first CD player!

Reply #2
...I'm new to vinyl, so I really only need something entry level, but I want decent sound quality...
And something that doesn't damage my records would be good, obviously 
I'm 15, so my budget isn't that big...

Once you are only 15 and new to vinyl. I would suggest you not to waste your time, money and energy on vinyl.
Try CD and digital downloads instead.

Reply #3
Not sure if I'm too late, but go for it.  I wouldn't expect great quality but it should get the job done and its not too expensive.  If you love vinyl you can always buy a better rig later.  If not, its not that expensive.
Was that a 1 or a 0?