Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Best output plugin for Mediamonkey (Read 9624 times) previous topic - next topic

Best output plugin for Mediamonkey

Hi, I was just wondering on the consensus on the best outut plugin for audio with Mediamonkey.

Currently I use Otachan's ASIO output plugin ver 0.67. I have an external DAC connected to my laptop via firewire cable which in turn inputs to the amp. My questions were; what is the best output plugin for Mediamonkey in terms of sound quality; and if it is ASIO, how can I configure this for gapless playback? The gapless playback option with the Otachan plugin still leaves a short gap between tracks during playback.

Thanks!

Reply #1
Hi, I was just wondering on the consensus on the best outut plugin for audio with Mediamonkey.

Currently I use Otachan's ASIO output plugin ver 0.67. I have an external DAC connected to my laptop via firewire cable which in turn inputs to the amp. My questions were; what is the best output plugin for Mediamonkey in terms of sound quality; and if it is ASIO, how can I configure this for gapless playback? The gapless playback option with the Otachan plugin still leaves a short gap between tracks during playback.

Thanks!

I am interested in that, aswell.

Reply #2
Probably the default output method works alright for your needs. ASIO only offers a lower latency (delay) for playback, not necessarily a higher playback quality.

Reply #3
Does the DAC have native drivers or are you using Asio4All?

Steve Monk's Kernel Streaming output plug-in is another way to get shorten the path between software and hardware. I suppose this does not work properly if your DAC does not have KS compatible drivers.

BTW, there's also another ASIO output plug-in for Winamp available which worked with MediaMonkey as well
- http://www.savioursofsoul.de/Christian/programs/winamp/

Juha

Reply #4
I seem to recall that outputs other than the default ones had issues with gapless playback and/or seeking.