Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: psytel 2.15, just a question (Read 3771 times) previous topic - next topic

psytel 2.15, just a question

psytel encoder is a MPEG-4 encoder..

so why change the encoder to MPEG2 aac ???

on last version (1.6 for me) i can encode to mpeg4-aac main profile with the switch : -internet

now this switch create a mpeg2-aac file.. why ??

also in main profile the sound is clearly bad !!

Reply #1
1 - You shouldn't use Main profile at all. It's buggy. Use LC instead.

2 - I believe it outputs MPEG2 AAC for reasons of hardware compatibility. The few players that play AAC (Expanium, as an example) play only MPEG2 AAC LC.

Regards;

Roberto.

Reply #2
MPEG-4 V1 (1999) Introduced these new features to the AAC:

- PNS Tool (Supported by PsyTEL AACEnc)
- LTP Prediction (Supported by PsyTEL AACEnc)

Also, there is a "scaleable" profile which is not implemented in psytel encoder, because I don't think it is useful much.

Note - these two tools are very new and as far as I know there is not a single commercial product that uses them (after three years the patent license for MPEG-4 AAC with LTP/PNS don't exist!)

MPEG-4 V2 (2000) Introduced these new features to AAC:

- Error Robustness (not useful in offline applications, like archivers)

- Low Delay AAC (I have developed this one, but it is also not very useful for general purpose)

- BSAC (bit sliced arithmetic coding)

Reply #3
PNS Tool (Supported by PsyTEL AACEnc) 
- LTP Prediction (Supported by PsyTEL AACEnc) 

Note - these two tools are very new and as far as I know there is not a single commercial product that uses them (after three years the patent license for MPEG-4 AAC with LTP/PNS don't exist!)

Hope that doesn mean that you, Ivan, are not thinking of using them sooner or later.

but as we have seen ivan is doing a hell of a job with his psytell encoder .when he things these tools can help (he figures out how to utilize them probaly) he wil probaly implant these....or what ??
Sven Bent - Denmark

Reply #4
LTP and PNS are implemented in psytel encoder, and they can be enabled and controlled, but they are not enabled by default .