Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: New Foobar GUI (Read 215240 times) previous topic - next topic

New Foobar GUI

Reply #50
-foobar2000 Basic Skin (preview)

Wow, that was fast - looks great.

I'm about to post a new verion that has more options.

New Foobar GUI

Reply #51
A little feature request:

Could you make a key combination for moving, ie, Shift+Clic on the progress bar, I just cannot move it!

| Which are the two lines? |
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you."

New Foobar GUI

Reply #52
A little feature request:

Could you make a key combination for moving, ie, Shift+Clic on the progress bar, I just cannot move it!

| Which are the two lines? |

The progress is just visual and not a functional seekbar.

The "2 line thing is gone"  Use Alt-leftbutton to drag the window.

New Foobar GUI

Reply #53
play and pause are reversed in code for skin in default skin, here is fix:

section pause
int show 2
int x 26
int y 0
int width 12
int height 15

section stop
int show 2
int x 13
int y 0
int width 12
int height 15

New Foobar GUI

Reply #54
v .21 available

Added lots of stuff.

Noteable.

Color info for fonts, etc.
Per object font,fontsize,text (do wingding buttons?), fillcolor,fontcolor,...

SongTime is its own object now and can be place independently of the progress area.

Active progess is now a fill instead of drawn from the background.  Use section progress  - fillcolor to change its look.

Separated volume into volumeup and volumedown

added random hotspot (but it is not turned on in the default skin as I don't use it).  Right click on next/prev still does a random song.

Update .ski file with volton's pause/stop fix.

Probably more things but it is late and I can't think of them.  I can't even think of a suitable matrix quote for this post.... wait, yes I can

Morpheus: Get some rest, you're going to need it.

New Foobar GUI

Reply #55
Is it me or is it normal that I can't move the window on my screen???

New Foobar GUI

Reply #56
okay fine, a few remarks :
-The fonts looks as if they were Bold... why ?
-Foobar takes much more time to close with wsgui (about 0.5 second instead of... nothing)
-The progress bar appears on top of songtime o_O

I converted SacRat first idea, just to see if I managed to use it, you can get it here. I also have an idea for a skin, but as my drawing skills are *very* limited I don't know if I'll be able to do what I want...

New Foobar GUI

Reply #57
Is it me or is it normal that I can't move the window on my screen???

Try pressing Alt while you drag and drop 

New Foobar GUI

Reply #58
-The progress bar appears on top of songtime o_O

Try turning down the alpha on the Progress element:

list fillcolor int { 255 204 204 255 } // Alpha [0=Transparent] Red Green Blue

Your skin is using 255 (full opaque) for the alpha value, and since there isn't (yet) a concept of layering, you need to make the fill translucent so the elapsed time can show through.  128 or 192 works much better.

New Foobar GUI

Reply #59
danZ, your skin format came a real pain in the arse for me
But, thanks, man!
Anyway, I'll add some comments in my new skins, which should help other newbies

btw, a BIG feature request:
make smth, like "reload skin" feature in your next release, as I'm tired of realoading FB for testing each feature

Just cought a HUGE nasty bug: just look at the shot:
-----------------------------------------------------------
section 1 of 1 of file WS_bug.gif  < MxUUE v0.6.4 © 1999-2001 Maxxi >

filetime 782913250
begin 644 WS_bug.gif
M1TE&.#EA8@$.`)$``&;+RX#__\#`P"DI*2'Y!```````+`````!B`0X```+_
MA(^IR^T/HYRTVHNSWKS[$X3B2);FB:;JRK;N"\?R3-?VC>?Z7@_^#PP*A\2B
M\8A,*I?,IO.Y%$BGU*KUBLUJIRZI2$`"Q[Q?<=AL(H?0:S/T#8_+Y_1Z<XO/
MZ[%=,UI=9G4V`AB(PK5V1F;'V.CX"`FW-TFIU<;7]F6H6#58EH980I48R!5Y
MBIJJ.E?9ZBH6FBD;`!M[V4GXQW:[2SOJ=[4J/$Q<_'J\E^E'^\E;Z"N8*RV*
MFXN;59RMO5V'[+VE'-8,/<I9/NX+>EX:>A7`#1\O?_1=[YX.38K/7,UN"_B,
M7*].NA#-.X@PGKV%B,@T'%?K&29T`==9@Z5(1,*-1QR%,608+A$P39>H1:,X
M,&!)?22=?7P),Z;,F33KK82X#)U+-@!3I@"HHJ;0H42+&K69;],^GC)Z-N4!
.-:K4J52K6K61A40!`#OK
`
end
sum -r/size 51380/374 entire input file

Hint: f%cking M$ libraries often have troubles, when someone has set Big Font in his screen settings.

Can you fix it, please...?

P.S.:
anyone to host my future skins?
I've one 90% done, but have troubles with a bug above
Just send me your e-mail...

Here's a preview of the very fist skin:
section 1 of 1 of file minimalist.gif  < MxUUE v0.6.4 © 1999-2001 Maxxi >

filetime 782913698
begin 644 minimalist.gif
M1TE&.#EA?@`,`)$``)F9F0```/___P```"'Y!```````+`````!^``P```+"
MC(^IR^T/HYQ+V(NSWKS[#X;BB!D7`&!HAJ9"NYG<>KJ:;5%3R_?^3Y.];#`5
MK9@YS&C##5+PT`2DB=L-Z,M-+<?GT.75"HW=*S*:I&ZW*C.V*%SU6%W<I4J'
M,3]H]OHNLS7W]98%Q2;'D\>U!ZB4ERC2=Y?C^-@&6:A5P]A8%'8X5E.6:5D!
M18DJIL4$-EKH$D?D61<C.LII5N(@I79YXJ9YF,NX^&7;L=<(O*L#`0L=Q$9"
076U]C>WAO,W=[?V-4```.\II
`
end
sum -r/size 62610/241 entire input file

New Foobar GUI

Reply #60
Second version. Name changed to "foobar2000 Windows Classic".

Sacrat, no problem with the host.
danZ, now you only need to add functionality, and you will be famous... 

New Foobar GUI

Reply #61
nice plugin ... really good idea

it will be perfect, if there will be a hotspot to open the playlist (the fb2k main window) ...
(it's more important that repeat & shuffle buttons .... i think)
i still can't wait for the seek bar too ;-)

otherwise, it's a really cool gui for fb2k ... (simple and small, but powerfull, like fb2k)
it match perfectly my desktop ...

New Foobar GUI

Reply #62

Your skin is using 255 (full opaque) for the alpha value, and since there isn't (yet) a concept of layering, you need to make the fill translucent so the elapsed time can show through. 128 or 192 works much better.

yes, of course, but if the progress bar appears on top of the time, maybe the time could appear on top of the progress bar. But I'll do that untill you add layers. thanx.

And here's my first "Foobar Theme", which is 18 px high to fit into a windows title bar, and has just what I need.
normal state :
mouse over. :

get the file Here

New Foobar GUI

Reply #63
hello, nice plugin. I just had a go making a skin with your plugin and I found it has some issues with .png files, it seems to resize them or something? I made an image in photoshop, saved it as .png, and foo_wsgui resized it or somthing (it was larger by about 33%, kind of blurred too). but when I saved it as windows bmp it was fine.

also i hope the font weirdness is sorted out..

Question: Should the title format specifier (TAG) go in the skin file as a paramter or in that prefs menu and then applied regardless of skin. So, TAG is per skin or global for the plugin.

i think the best solution is to allow skins to declare some config items, their type (int/string) and default value (all like in sdk). Then in foo_wsgui config screen, you can set the prefs for each skin similar to the metadata editor.

New Foobar GUI

Reply #64
it will be perfect, if there will be a hotspot to open the playlist (the fb2k main window) ...
i still can't wait for the seek bar too ;-)

Since all the hotspots can be optionally included I can add as many as need to the "palette" and the designer can pick and choose.  Right now I just have the basics, playback control and you can remove the repeat and shuffle if you like

Why don't we start of list of what else is wanted (with respect to what the API allows).

So will start the list with and please add more - I'll add them as time allows.

section openfb2k // Left click opens fb2k - right click closes FB2K

New Foobar GUI

Reply #65
ok wacky idea - have a hotspot called "drag" - any area defined as drag can be used to move the window around..?

perhaps a menu hotspot? - click the hotspot and a context menu opens with the sort of options that foo_ufts has ?

New Foobar GUI

Reply #66
hello, nice plugin. I just had a go making a skin with your plugin and I found it has some issues with .png files, it seems to resize them or something? I made an image in photoshop, saved it as .png, and foo_wsgui resized it or somthing (it was larger by about 33%, kind of blurred too). but when I saved it as windows bmp it was fine.

also i hope the font weirdness is sorted out..

Can you post the .png image?

What is font weirdness?

New Foobar GUI

Reply #67
danZ, your skin format came a real pain in the arse for me
But, thanks, man!
Anyway, I'll add some comments in my new skins, which should help other newbies

btw, a BIG feature request:
make smth, like "reload skin" feature in your next release, as I'm tired of realoading FB for testing each feature

What about the format is causing your pain?

The foobar preferences support is definitely planned and you will eventually be able to change the .ski file on the fly and/or reload.  I've been pretty swamped trying to get the basic format and layout working.  It will get there soon.

New Foobar GUI

Reply #68
png: http://members.lycos.co.uk/musicf/mini.png it shouldbe 220x14. i forgot what foo_wsgui read it as, but it was more like 300x16.

by font wierdness i mean how they're bold or have alpha blending or something. is there a way to turn it off?

and i dont like the way the title text seems to move about horizontally, i dont know if its meant to be centred or something but id like to stop it doing that (i.e. make it left aligned).

New Foobar GUI

Reply #69
Great plugin! These sort of plugins will help foobar become more popular. I still remember when my friend refused to use the program simply because of the UI.

Anyways, I always end up asking for the same upgrade in every single plugin of this sort, and that's unicode support. Since a substantial part of my music library contains non-English characters, I'm hoping that unicode will be implemented soon. Also, I think it'd be great to have a customizable string for the title section.

Perhaps the above have been requested before, and if so...  oh what the hell... 

Thanks again for the great plugin!

New Foobar GUI

Reply #70

Your skin is using 255 (full opaque) for the alpha value, and since there isn't (yet) a concept of layering, you need to make the fill translucent so the elapsed time can show through. 128 or 192 works much better. 

Layer, hum, that is a good idea Aero.  I could add

int layer x // 0 bottom most

to each object.

I like your skin so far and I see you did notice that you can move the song time entirely off the progress area

New Foobar GUI

Reply #71
danZ, can you implement "pressed" state in your next release? Please...
Huh, nice work, AngelGR...

Next step should be writing a wsz to WSGUI convertor  LOL.

Sacrat, no problem with the host.

Then give me your e-mail...

IMHO it can be implemented as a standalone button...

Damn, I've found some problems:
skin works OK with GIF, but fails loading in PNG or is shown buggy in BMP :\

Anyone can confim this?

Just finished my latest skin, Aquatica to fit Aquatica Astonshell theme (http://sacrat.deviantart.com). AngelGR, you offered hosting?

To those, who's interested in getting new skins, but doesn't feel himself being a good artist: e-mail me, I'll make you graphics.

P.S.: wanna have working transparency at least at GIF level

New Foobar GUI

Reply #72
Anyways, I always end up asking for the same upgrade in every single plugin of this sort, and that's unicode support. Since a substantial part of my music library contains non-English characters, I'm hoping that unicode will be implemented soon. Also, I think it'd be great to have a customizable string for the title section.

I'll look into unicode once I have the majority of the features in place (which isn't slowing down yet).  I don't expect it to be a huge problem - maybe Aero can help out since he did it for foo_uftS.

The title format is set inside the .ski file - you can change it to your liking.  Just open up the .ski file in a text editor and look for "section title"

New Foobar GUI

Reply #73
Right I may be misunderstanding the results of the "show" value but as it is now I can't do the following:
Have the title showing in all cases except when I put the mouse over the title area.

I'd like to be able to see the title while pressing buttons but have it change to the progress bar when I mouseover just the title area, not the whole skin. Is that possible?

New Foobar GUI

Reply #74
Oh, didn't notice it was Aero who answered me, I was sure it was you DanZ. Yeah, it would be a good idea to add a layer parameter, or just display them in the same order as they appear in the .ski (last or first on top, I don't know.)

edit for teetee : I don't think it's possible, that's what I wanted to do as well.