Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to organize library by nodes (Read 2635 times) previous topic - next topic

How to organize library by nodes

In my libary, I have music and speech files. I've heard that there is a "node" title formatting that would let me sort them accordingly. The Wiki is not very helpful there, though. What I'm trying to achieve is add nodes as a filter in facets. Could someone give me a pointer how I would go about this? Thanks in advance!

Reply #1
The Wiki is not very helpful there, though.

of course not, because this wiki-page is about foo_plorg and not foo_facets

What I'm trying to achieve is add nodes as a filter in facets. Could someone give me a pointer how I would go about this?

the first sentence doesn't make any sense at all...you are mixing, at least two, totally different components in your head
anyway, what you could do for example: use a tag à la %type%, possibly entries: speech or music
then go to preferences > media library > facets > columns > add new > set <name> to Type and <pattern> to %type%
go to your facets panel > right click on the header > colums > Type

of course, depending on how your music is structured (directory as well as metadata wise), there are a lot more ways to achieve something like this

Reply #2
Indeed I had assumed that "nodes" were a core feature, not a plug-in feature, from reading over http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....&pid=780726
If that's not so, maybe adding nodes, or support for different libraries (speech/music) would be helpful. Even a plugin that generates a separate node for one or more user-defined tags (speech, audiobook, etc.) would greatly improve usability.

Reply #3
What's the difference between %node_name% and "one or more user-defined tags"? Why the former is better than the latter?

Reply #4
Indeed I had assumed that "nodes" were a core feature, not a plug-in feature

as stated in the post you linked, nodes are a core feature of the album list component

If that's not so, maybe adding nodes, or support for different libraries (speech/music) would be helpful. Even a plugin that generates a separate node for one or more user-defined tags (speech, audiobook, etc.) would greatly improve usability.

this would be somewhat useless, because every library viewer has something that works exactly the same way nodes do, it may just be called different, thus you can always split your library into subsets

Reply #5
this would be somewhat useless, because every library viewer has something that works exactly the same way nodes do, it may just be called different, thus you can always split your library into subsets

Useless post with a statement and no proof or solutions to the intial "facets" question.

Reply #6
Sorry, ruebe, I forgot that you already replied above with a suggestion. However, sorting by file path would be more appropriate since the files reside on different hard drives.