Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: looking for decent sub 100$ range subwoofer for AV40 by M-Audio (Read 3605 times) previous topic - next topic

looking for decent sub 100$ range subwoofer for AV40 by M-Audio

Hey everyone!~

I hope you are all having an awesome start to a weekend, I am looking for descent sub 100$ range subwoofer for the AV40 monitors by M-Audio. I take these on live gigs with me and find they just dont output enough bass, i have them connected to my DDJ Ergo Pioneer controller.  Any suggestions?

Reply #1
A decent sub-$100-range what? Should we guess subwoofer?

Reply #2
A decent sub-$100-range what? Should we guess subwoofer?

yes a subwoofer.. something that will give my dj sets a litlte UNF jamming at a cottage on the 2nd floor deck

Reply #3
$100 isn't much when looking for a sub, but if that's your budget I'd suggest the Dayton SUB-800.  There's also the SUB-1000, but that's technically out of your price range.  Both of those are about as good as you can get for that kind of price. 

I know nothing about DJ equipment, so I'm not sure how you'd connect the sub and your powered AV40s to your Pioneer device, but I'm sure you can work that out.   

Reply #4
Yeah. you should be able to find a box with an 8" speaker inside if you look hard enough. Still need to rustle up an amp from somewhere though.

Incidentally, if you haven't done it before you might find it surprisingly easy and inexpensive to hire PA gear.

For example, my closest  hire shop will let you have one of these for the equivalent of <$100 per day provided you picked it up and returned ityourself.

Hire Sub 

Or for the same money a pair of these.

Small PA

Reply #5
I would recommend something secondhand or possibly a demo/display or scratch and dent model.